Customer service professionals such as clerks and representatives respond to questions and resolve problems of clients, guests, callers, or visitors.
When the client has an account or some financial obligation with the company, customer service personnel will usually open the customer’s file/account on the company’s computer or manual system.
They utilize this information to resolve problems and may make changes to customer accounts, such as filling in an address on file or canceling an order.
A Summary of Qualifications section of a customer service resume is the most crucial part which usually determines your candidature.
It provides the job seeker with a more influential marketing space to make sure the employer sees the job seeker’s most outstanding skills and expertise.
This section typically contains 5-6 bullet points starting with action verbs.
See also: Customer Service Cover Letter
Summary of Qualifications for Customer Service Resume
• Highly skilled in providing information regarding products and services of the company.
• In-depth knowledge of taking orders, computing charges, and administering billing or payments.
• Hands-on experience in reviewing, updating, or making changes to customer accounts.
• Track record of listening and responding to customers’ needs and concerns.
• Able to handle returns and complaints effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to record details of client contacts and service history.
• Proven ability to determine answers and solutions quickly.
• Exceptional talent for handling irate and angry customers.
• Demonstrated ability to take customer phone calls professionally and courteously.
• Knowledge of liaising with internal departments in order to clarify and gather information to respond to customer inquiries.
• Unique talent for determining customer needs through effective questioning and research.
• Able to maintain basic knowledge of company procedures, product information, and online resource tools.
• Known for organizing and participating in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
• Eager to work collaboratively in order to attain customer service goals.