You may have seen a dozen or so resumes that do not begin with an objective. How do they make you feel?
If “uncomfortable” is your answer, then you will know exactly why we have bothered to write what we are writing now!
Resumes that do not host objectives are incomplete, which is why one has that uncomfortable feeling.
Creating a resume that is a force to reckon with but not including an objective is as bad as creating a badly structured resume. Let that sink in!
A resume objective is not just a pretty opening to an otherwise mundane piece of writing. It is there for a purpose.
Writing a resume objective makes the hiring manager feel that you were conscientious enough to decide the direction of your resume, and made the effort of taking into that direction. An objective marks the beginning of a resume for a reason – it provides direction to the document, making sure that it follows a certain path. This path is what decides if the way that content is placed in your resume is worth having a look at.
There are times when a hiring manager will only look at your resume objective and decide if he wants to hire you. Do you really want to take the risk of not writing one?
Here are some examples of objectives for the position of a customer service specialist:
Customer Service Specialist Resume Objectives
• Seeking a position as a Customer Service Specialist at Lennox Advisors utilizing exceptional skills in handling level 1 support to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Esures resolution of problems in a timely and efficient manner.
• Top-performing Customer Service Specialist with over 6 years of dedicated technical support experience, presently seeking a position at SE Dayton Support Group. Offering expertise in maintaining good customer relations, ensuring that all team members work towards total customer satisfaction.
• Desire a Customer Service Specialist position with Allegro Micro Systems Inc. Eager to apply proficiencies in providing fast, accurate and friendly processing for all customer interactions and transaction. Develops strong relationships with customers, while becoming a trusting advisors and partner in making technology more functional.
• Looking for a Customer Service Specialist position at Swedish American Health System. Offers exceptional talents in using available resources efficiently to assess customers’ issues and recommend valid solutions.
• Competent, trustworthy and service-oriented individual, with documented success in responding promptly to customers’ queries and issues, and guide customers through purchasing processes, currently looking for a position as a Customer Service Specialist at Sabre.
Last updated on