Think of resume summaries as extended versions of objectives. They both serve the same purpose but are used in different circumstances.
You would want to use a resume summary when you are applying for a customer service position for which you have had loads of experience.
This way, you have the leeway of writing a lot of information in the introductory paragraph of your resume, helping the hiring manager gauge what it is that makes you tick.
It does not matter if you are applying for a position that is low on the organizational hierarchy or at the top. Where summaries are concerned, they have to be written eloquently. The reason that they are called “summaries” is because they actually summarize the resume in a short paragraph that can be referred to even if one does not want to read the entire resume – yes, whole resumes are cumbersome to read!
What exactly goes into a resume summary? The answer is pretty simple. All that you have to do to create a good resume summary is summarize all your qualifications and skills in one paragraph of five lines or less. This will tell the hiring manager what type of professional personality you have, and how you can be a contributory factor to his or her company.
Some samples of resume summaries are given below:
Customer Service Specialist Resume Summary Examples
• Competent, service-focused professional with over 10 years of experience in providing high-level customer services to a diverse client population. Highly skilled in client interaction, account management and sales techniques. Known to ensure repeat business.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, busy environment. Remains calm in high pressure situations. A champion of public service and ethics in customer service field.
• Eleven years’ experience in creating and maintaining professional communication with customers and peers, while using cross-functional company resources and tools. Leader with a proven track record of engaging customers using exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively resolve their issues.
• Highly resourceful customer service specialist with 5+ years of progressive experience. Results-driven leader with documented success in ensuring repeat business opportunities, and solid customer retention. Proficient in planning and administering well-placed customer service plans, aimed at customer retention and satisfaction.
• Accomplished, results-driven customer service professional known for consistently providing high-end customer services, and leading teams to ensure customer satisfaction at each step. Actively oversees the work of team members to ensure delivery of exceptional services and assistance, in accordance with set protocols.
• Top-performing Customer Service Specialist with a verifiable track record of success handling escalated customer support issues. Effectively able to analyze customers’ information and needs, and provide them with correlating problem-solving assistance and support.
Effective team player with proven success in working collaboratively to obtain the best results. Skilled communicator known for interacting with difficult clients in an optimistic manner.