Customer service field requires energetic and well-spoken candidates. Therefore a resume for customer service positions must highlight the candidate’s interpersonal skills and ability to handle client complaints and queries effectively.
The following resume writing tips and a sample resume will help you write an excellent Customer Service Resume.
How to Write a Great Resume for Customer Service Position?
Start with a Summary or Objective Statement
If you have any relevant experience in hand, then start your resume with a customer service summary statement. If you have less or no experience in hand or changing your career path, then start your resume with a customer service objective statement.
Keep it Brief
Remember that the employers are short of time. Keep your resume brief and to-the-point.
Tailor your customer service resume as per the requirements of the employer.
Highlight your Skills and Achievements
Do not just write your experiences. Adding your skills and achievements is equally important
Best Sample Resume for Customer Service Job
3110 Patio Lane, Madison, WI 36002
❖❖ CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE ❖❖
Upbeat, courteous, and helpful customer service professional with 7+ years of experience in diverse customer care roles. Known for building productive business relationships and attaining long-term customer loyalty. Demonstrated ability to resolve communication deadlocks enabling win-win outcomes.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Service Delivery • Problem Resolution
• Need Analysis • Quality Assurance
• Sales Tracking • Account Maintenance
• Listening Skills • Information Analysis
• Rapport Building • Complaint Handling
• Data Entry • Cultural Sensitivity
Customer Service Representative
SHELTER HEALTH, Madison, WI
Contributed to generating 70% lead sales through demonstration of effective customer relationship building skills. Achieved the highest customer service ratings at the company after the initial 6 months of work.
• Handle upset clients successfully.
• Respond to incoming calls from clients and policymakers and handle their queries and complaints.
• Compile and maintain data accounts for each client and update them regularly.
• Build new partnerships with clients and extended the existing ones to take the business sales to the next level.
Customer Relations Officer
PARKER HINNIFIN, Madison, WI
Systemized the existing account management system, which resulted in a 40% increase in overall efficiency. Provided training to 12 newly hired employees regarding the principles of customer service.
• Developed, maintained and utilized a massive referral pool to enhance clientele.
• Delivered high-quality customer services and developed long-term loyal customer relationships.
• Coordinated with the production department to maintain updated knowledge of all products and services being offered by the company.
AAS Degree in Customer Service
ABC Technical College, Madison, WI | 2007
Three on-the-job trainings on customer service principles
Short courses in customer relationship management
Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• CRM Software
• Customer Service Applications
• MS Office Suite
See also: Customer Service Cover Letter Sample