Customer service field requires energetic and well-spoken candidates. Therefore a resume for customer service positions must highlight the candidate’s interpersonal skills and ability to handle client complaints and queries effectively.
The following tips will help you write a great Customer Service Resume:
• Experience really matters when it comes to customer service position. If you have any relevant experience in hand, make sure you highlight it in the summary. An impressive digit signifying the number of years you have worked as a service rep helps in making a good impression right from the start.
• Remember that the employers are short of time. Keep your resume brief and optimize your core competencies so they are easy to identify.
• Knowledge of other cultures and languages is always a plus in customer service. Don’t forget to mention these if you possess them.
Customer Service Resume Example
3110 Patio Lane • Madison, WI 36002 • (008) 333-5144 • [Email]
❖❖ CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE ❖❖
Upbeat, courteous and helpful customer service professional with 7+ years of experience in diverse customer care roles. Known for building productive business relationships and attaining long-term customer loyalty. Demonstrated ability to resolve communication deadlocks enabling win-win outcomes.
|• Service Delivery||• Sales Tracking||• Rapport Building|
|• Problem Resolution||• Account Maintenance||• Complaint Handling|
|• Need Analysis||• Listening Skills||• Data Entry|
|• Quality Assurance||• Information Analysis||• Cultural Sensitivity|
Customer Service Representative
SHELTER HEALTH, Madison, WI 2012-present
• Contribute to generating 70% lead sales through demonstration of effective customer relationship building skills.
• Achieve the highest customer service ratings at the company after initial 6 months of work.
• Reduce the call waiting time by 3 minutes on average through the installation of a multiline phone system with direct call forwarding to respective departments.
• Handle upset clients successfully.
• Respond to incoming calls from clients and policymakers and handle their queries and complaints.
• Compile and maintain data accounts for each client and update them regularly.
• Build new partnerships with clients and extended existing ones to take the business sales to the next level.
Customer Relations Officer
PARKER HINNIFIN, Madison, WI 2007-2012
• Systemized the existing account management system, which resulted in 40% increase in overall efficiency.
• Trained 12 newly hired employees regarding the principles of customer service.
• Developed, maintained and utilized a massive referral pool to enhance clientele.
• Delivered high-quality customer services and developed long-term loyal customer relationships.
• Coordinated with production department to maintain updated knowledge of all products and services being offered by the company.
INTERNATIONAL ARTS COLLEGE, Madison, WI | 2007
AAS Degree in Customer Service
3 on the job training on customer service principles
Short course in customer relationship management
Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• CRM Software
• Customer Service Applications
• MS Office Suite