The way to an employer’s heart is through a good resume. Resumes make critical first impressions, and it is imperative to build them in such a way that they exhibit you as a perfect match for whatever the employer is looking for.
Once the cover letter has done its job – that is, focusing the reader’s mind on the accompanying resume – it is the job of the resume to tell an employer what all you are capable of when you are hired as an employee.
So what type of resumes rock? To understand this, you will have to put yourself in an employer’s shoes. Think. What kind would you like to receive? And there lies the answer – a well-constructed, no-nonsense resume that will tell you that the candidate is qualified enough to handle the high demands of the job.
Perfect! Now let us take a look at a resume sample for a bank customer service representative job to give you an idea of the format that you can use:
Bank Customer Service Representative Resume Sample
389 Maple Street ● White River Junction, VT 05522
(000) 123-9999 ● emma.wilson @ email . com
Customer Service Representative
8+ years’ hands-on experience in customer service arena. Proven track record of handling banking transactions in both commercial and investment banks. Well-versed in providing superior customer support in a professional yet friendly manner.
• Demonstrated ability to process transactions efficiently and accurately while maintaining a high standard of service.
• Proficient in handling record keeping duties as per branch requirements and bank’s policies and procedures.
• Communicates professionally with customers from different social and cultural backgrounds.
• Identifies opportunities to promote bank’s products and services and handling cross-selling activities.
KEY PROFICIENCIES & SKILLS
|– Client orientation||– Account management||– Cross-selling|
|– Marketing||– Account management||– Complaint handling|
|– Call handling||– Financial instruments||– Records keeping|
|– Cash processing||– Banking regulations||– Solution orientation|
First Merchants Bank, White River Junction, VT (12/2010 to Present)
Bank Customer Service Representative
• Greet existing clients in a friendly manner and respond to their requests for assistance.
• Receive checks for deposits and cashing and assist clients in performing paperwork associated with either or both.
• Answer incoming telephone calls and provide clients with information regarding their account balances and check statuses.
• Contact prospective customers and offer them banking solutions according to their respective needs.
• Maximize sales by selling appropriate financial products and services to existing and potential customers.
• Assist new clients in filling out account opening forms and ensure that all related documents are copied and attached to the forms.
• Provide information regarding newly opened accounts such as account numbers.
• Issue checkbooks and ATM cards by first performing detailed verifications.
• Take and process requests for credit and debit cards and provide clients with correlating information.
• Respond positively to clients’ suggestions and complaints and aim to resolve the latter immediately.
• Reached deposit target of 100% eight times in a row in the year 2014.
• Acquired 52 new accounts by performing dedicated marketing activities through the telephone and in person.
The Bank of America, White River Junction, VT (7/2007 to 12/2010)
Customer Services Intern
• Greeted new and existing clients and responded to their requests for information.
• Assisted new clients in filling out account opening forms.
• Provided clients with information such as account balances and credit and debit entries.
• Printed accounts statements on specific requests of clients or staff members.
• Created and confidentially maintained records of clients.
• Revamped clients’ records system, thereby reducing information pulling time by 60%.
• Reopened 23 dormant accounts by contacting clients and offering them additional solutions to their banking problems.
SOME COLLEGE, White River Junction, VT – 2005
Associate’s Degree in Customer Service
Coursework: Public Speaking, Information Literacy, Basic Accounting, Emotional Intelligence, Exceptional Customer Service