A waitress is responsible for taking customers’ orders, serving food and beverages, and performing other duties as assigned. They work in restaurants, clubs, hotels, bars, banquet halls, and private establishments.
You have to write a waitress resume in a way that persuades the reader to invite you for an interview.
The following waitress resume writing tips will help you in writing a great resume to get your next waitress job.
How to Write a Professional Resume for Waitress Position?
The following are 5 quick tips to help you write an excellent resume for the waitress job:
- Start your resume with a summary statement, waitress resume objective, or career highlights.
- Customize your resume as per the employer’s needs and expectations.
- Mention your quantified waitress achievements.
- Emphasize your waitressing skills, as well as food service and customer service expertise.
- Ensure that your contact details are updated and accurate.
The following 2 waitress resume samples will guide you in writing a resume that will bring more interviews.
Waitress Resume Sample 1
560 Watson Street, Miami, FL 82321
(000) 414- 5245
Successful record of delivering timely and courteous food service.
Friendly and customer service-oriented Waitress with 11+ years’ firsthand experience working in busy food service and hospitality environments. Highly skilled in greeting guests, presenting menu, delivering food and beverages, and offering a home-like environment to patrons. Multilingual: English, Spanish, and French.
– Menu Presentation – Table Setting
– Beverage Preparation – Bill Processing
– Order Synchronization – Table Clearing
– Guest Reception – Food Service
– Salad Preparation – POS Handling
– Special Items Promotion – Station Set-up
- Provided first-class guest service, therefore, enhanced positive feedback by 30%
- Increased sales of daily specials and signature dishes by 70% through effective promotion strategies
- Implemented WHO-approved hygiene and sanitation guidelines in the service area
- Earned the ‘best waitress of the month award’ twice
KIMPTON RESTAURANT, Miami, FL
8/2016 – Present
- Explain various dishes on the menu to patrons and make recommendations
- Take orders and relayed the same to the kitchen staff
- Ensure simultaneous preparation of all requests for a single table and serve in a professional manner
- Inform patrons of each day’s specials
- Describe meal constituents and cooking methods to patrons
- Take dishes and glasses from tables and counters
- Prepare a list of overall meal costs along with sales taxes
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens
- Calculate meal costs and add taxes for final bill calculation
- Receive debit/credit card and cash payments
INTERSTATE RESORT, Miami, FL
6/2011 – 7/2016
- Greeted guests, took orders, and served the same
- Cleared tables and set them before and after the guests left
- Assisted in the kitchen when needed
- Prepared food and mixed beverages as required
- Stocked bussing stations
- Cleaned stations and swept floors
- Assisted other restaurant personnel and performed room service
High School Diploma
ST. LAWRENCE HIGH SCHOOL, Miami, FL | 2007
Waitress Resume Example 2
(For Less-Experienced and Career-Changers)
35 Watson Avenue
Stafford, VA 62335
Exceptional hospitality skills, and the ability to provide prompt and courteous service to the patrons in order to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Over 4 years’ progressively responsible experience as a waitress and server
- Highly skilled in serving food and beverages to guests and patrons
- In-depth knowledge of standard operating procedures of hotels and resorts
- Well-versed in presenting the bill and accepting payment
- Adept at maintaining the inventory of beverages and wine glassware
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Greeting patrons, presenting menus, giving suggestions, and replying to questions
- Taking orders and relaying them to kitchen and bar staff
- Preparing and serving specialty foods at tables
- Assisting guests in menu selection and providing them with accurate and detailed information
- Recommending beverages that complement patrons’ meals
Pescatore Restaurant – Stafford, VA
May 2017 – Present
- Greet guests and accompany them to their tables
- Present menus and respond to any questions regarding menu items.
- Serve food and beverages
- Check regularly with guests to make sure that they are enjoying their meals
- Take the necessary action to resolve any complaints
- Prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables
- Reorganized beverages inventory procedures, shortening process time by 30%
- Trained and coordinated activities of 5 server assistants, whose efforts resulted in raising the profits by $8000 per month
Starwood Hotels & Resorts – New York, NY
Jan 2016 – May 2017
- Delivered food to the guests promptly and of the proper temperature
- Deposited dishes correctly in the dish room
- Cleaned and set tables to restaurant standards
- Emptied trash containers
- Performed buffet set-up and replenished items
- Designed and implemented a new food-serving strategy that resulted in a 20% increase in sales
Associate of Arts in Hospitality Management
NY City College, New York, NY | 2010
Major: Food Service Strategies
Related: Waitress Cover Letter Sample