A Medical Receptionist greets and registers patients as well as verifies the correctness of patient demographic information.
A helpful and pleasant behavior is a prerequisite for this position.
Your resume for medical receptionist position is a short description of your relevant skills and knowledge developed through your education and past experiences.
Your resume must be designed for a specific employer with a purpose.
Your primary reason for writing a Medical Receptionist resume is to present your skills and expertise clearly and briefly so that the reader will want to interview you.
The following resume for Medical Receptionist position will help job seekers.
This is a very comprehensive example, and you select the most relevant information for your resume.
Additional statements in this example might be excluded.
Related: Medical Receptionist Cover Letter
Medical Receptionist Resume Sample
328 Example 3rd Street, Ann Arbor, MI 32558
Contact #, Email Address
Offers exceptional patient service skills, clerical abilities, and front desk experience to ensure the efficiency of the facility.
• Over four years’ hands-on experience as a receptionist in busy healthcare environments
• Highly skilled in greeting patients and visitors in a quick, courteous and helpful manner
• Special talent for answering the telephone, monitoring and directing calls, taking messages and providing information
• Demonstrated ability to determine the patient’s requirements and processes
• Proven record of preparing new patient’s medical charts with proper information and official procedures
• Able to give precise and detailed information to visitors
• Demonstrated ability to screen visitors and answer routine requests for information
• Proven ability to maintain work area and entrance hall in a neat and orderly manner
• Excellent knowledge of medical terminology
• Dedicated and meticulous – an utmost level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Fluent in English and Russian
• Skilled in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Integrated Health – Ann Arbor, MI | 2015 – Present
• Welcome patients, families, and visitors
• Handle check-in tasks for patients
• Verify and fill out essential information in the medical record
• Enter patient demographics and insurance information into the system
• Help disable and patients with physical difficulties
• Confirm appointments and get referral information
• Verify insurance coverage
• Notify the medical assistant when a patient is ready
• Maintain appointment schedules
• Medical Receptionist of the Year Award – 2011
• Pioneered in introducing a new system of incoming call logs which increased reception’s efficiency by 30%
Junior Medical Receptionist
Lincoln Health, Phoenix, AZ | 2012 – 2015
• Answered and forwarded telephone calls
• Greeted and guided visitors
• Took messages and provided routine information
• Processed charge tickets accurately as patients exit the clinic
• Reviewed tickets for exactness
• Determined suitable fees for services rendered and calculated totals
• Collected right amount from patients, and correctly recorded information
Arizona Babysitting Agency, Phoenix, AZ | 2009
[Mention your non-relevant experiences in this section. Only 1 line per experience]
Phoenix Community College, Phoenix, AZ – 2009
Associate’s Degree in Medical Office Administration
- Medical Receptionist Resume No Experience
- Sample Medical Receptionist Interview
- Medical Receptionist Summary and Profile