In order to apply for a waitress job, you will be required to write a waitress CV or resume.
If you want to get a waitress interview opportunity, it is important to make sure that your waitress CV shows your best skills and relevant experiences.
Take a look at the following guidelines and a CV sample of a waitress to determine how you can write one by incorporating all of the above.
- Don’t start your CV abruptly. That is to say, start with a profile, summary, or waitress objective statement.
- Emphasize your waitressing skills, as well as your communication and customer service abilities.
- Choose a good CV format that contains waitress accomplishments also.
- Write short bullet points. Don’t include long, boring, and chunky pieces of information.
Waitress CV Example
7361 9th Avenue
Spearfish, SD 577827
janhud @ email . com
●●● ENERGETIC WAITRESS ●●●
Poised to contribute to the success of the employer using exceptional communication and customer service acumen.
Self-motivated Waitress with extensive experience working in the food service industry. Known for creating an atmosphere of enjoyment for patrons through exceptional service. Known to provide top customer service while maintaining a professional yet “approachable” attitude.
• Well-versed in handling food and wine recommendations, in sync with patrons’ moods and occasions.
• Track record of preparing and serving specialty food items and drinks to restaurant patrons.
• Skilled in handling multiple orders simultaneously, especially during rush hours.
• Communication • POS Systems
• Food Preparation • Hospitality
• Complaint Resolution • Food Safety
• Buffet Management • Cash Handling
• Customer Service • Quality Control
Fogo De Chao, Spearfish, SD
• Greet restaurant patrons and seat them in their desired areas.
• Present customers with menus and assist them in choosing items.
• Make patrons aware of the day’s specials and respond to their questions regarding ingredients.
• Provide information regarding the spice levels of each chosen item.
• Take customers’ orders and repeat them to ensure accuracy.
• Inform customers of the time it will take for their orders to be served.
• Relay order information to the kitchen.
• Follow up with kitchen staff to ensure the order is prepared on time.
• Check the prepared order for accuracy and portion size prior to serving.
• Serve food and beverage orders and inquire if customers would like anything else.
• Coordinate the services of servers to ensure that condiments and refills are served.
• Present customers with bills, take payments, and issue receipts.
• Clear and clean tables and ensure that the round tables are cleaned properly.
• Served 150 customers in 5 hours during an exceptionally high volume day on Memorial Day
• Increased serving time efficiency by 50% by suggesting non-spoilable items to be precooked on a daily basis
Brick House Tavern, Spearfish, SD
• Served water and refreshments to restaurant patrons.
• Set tables with cutlery, dishware, and glasses.
• Ensured the cleanliness and neatness of tables.
• Set up buffet tables and replenished food items in dishes.
• Assisted waiters in serving customers.
• Followed up on food and beverage orders from the kitchen and bars.
• Introduced the buffet system, thereby attracting a completely different set of customers, increasing the customer base by 30%.
• Decreased dishwashing costs by 40% by suggesting an industrial-sized dishwasher.
BA – Hospitality Management
Spearfish Community College, Spearfish, SD