A receptionist resume is a snapshot of your qualifications, education, experiences, skill set, and other pertinent information under different sections.
You should send a resume along with other job application documents, even if it is not required by the employer.
How to Write a Great Resume for Receptionist Position?
The following 8 tips will help you in writing a great resume:
- Review some receptionist resume examples before writing.
- Look for keywords in the receptionist job description provided by the employer.
- Include only the information that directly relates to a receptionist job.
- Use bullet points under different sections and put the most crucial information first under each section.
- Using power words, such as “handled,” “managed,” “organized,” or “achieved”.
- Add a separate receptionist skills section.
- Focus on important achievements as a receptionist in addition to job descriptions.
- Proofread twice before sending your resume.
Although a receptionist resume has no standard format, the following resume samples contain all information and sections that should be present on a resume.
Feel free to tailor one of these samples as per your circumstances and your prospective employer’s needs.
Receptionist Resume Example 1
Experience: 10+ Years
Deming, MN 76444
❖❖ RECEPTIONIST ❖❖
Dedicated to the continuous improvement of the reception area. Record of attending to visitors and dealing with inquiries efficiently.
Highly organized and dependable Receptionist with 15+ years of progressively responsible experience. Demonstrated talent to perform a wide range of front desk and administrative tasks, resolve customer complaints, handle high volume phone calls, and answer customer queries. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Verifiable track record of multi-tasking, problem-solving, and work prioritization
- A friendly and polite individual who works collaboratively to attain the goals of the company
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Correspondence Handling • Reception Area Maintenance
• PABX/Switchboard • Calendar Management
• Phone Etiquette • Bill Processing
• Call Forwarding • Events Coordination
• Customer Service • Communication
- Introduced and implemented cost-effective strategies, therefore, reducing the annual front desk expenses by $20000.
- Strictly followed customer service protocols, increasing overall customer satisfaction by 50%.
- Updated the entire healthcare database within the first two months of employment.
The Grand Hyatt, Deming, MN
2015 – Present
- Courteously greet visitors and employees
- Answer and forward phone calls to appropriate individuals and departments
- Schedule customer bookings and guide them about available rooms and suites
- Write letters and emails using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Prepare incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Oversee maintenance of the reception and waiting area
- Coordinate customer payments and billing
- Buy the necessary supplies, snacks, and refreshments
- Maintain cleanliness of the reception area
- Work independently and collaboratively on assigned tasks
Front Desk Receptionist
Northwest Healthcare, Deming, MN
2008 – 2015
- Acknowledged and greeted patients/families upon arrival
- Registered patients and visitors on the sign-in sheet
- Scheduled patient appointments on the phone
- Coordinated with departments for consultant availability
- Quickly responded to patient questions and concerns
- Provided information regarding facility and billing options
- Answered telephone and forwarded calls to concerned departments
- Filled patient charts
- Handled cashiering tasks
- Maintained, cleaned, and sanitized the waiting area
Associate of Arts in Customer Service
Community College, Deming, MN | 2005
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Database, Internet, and Email
“My customer-focused approach and great attention to detail make me an exceptional contender.”
Superior references available on request
Receptionist Resume Sample 2
Experience: 5+ Years
Los Angeles, CA 65214
☏ (000) 741-8901
Flexible | Team-spirited | Honest | Polite
- Detail-oriented and hardworking receptionist with 5+ years’ verifiable track record of handling reception and front desk areas
- Ability to greet residents and clients
- Highly skilled in answering and forwarding phone calls
- Hands-on experience in receiving, sorting, and routing mail
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Complaints Management
- Confidentiality Maintenance
- Data Protection Act Compliance
- Continued Professional Development
- Premise Security
- Quality Assurance
- Difficult People Handling
- Conflict Resolution
- MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Software: NextGen
- Typing Speed: 60 WPM
- Fax and copier machines
IKEA, Los Angeles, CA
2018 – Present
- Welcome visitors and determine the nature of the business
- Direct the visitors to the appropriate department or employee
- Answer 5 phone lines
- Operate a PBX and multi-line telephone system
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail
- Monitor visitor access and issues pass
- Order, receive, and maintain office supplies
- Assemble listing packages
- Help with document scanning
– Reorganized the reception area, which increased overall efficiency by 30%.
– Implemented customer care strategies that led to a 50% reduction in complaints.
Front Desk Clerk
Memorial Hospital, Hallandale Beach, FL
2016 – 2018
- Greeted patients and families
- Provided guests with relevant information
- Scheduled and confirmed patient appointments
- Performed data entry using the NextGen software system
- Effectively handled the patient grievances
- Maintained confidential files and records
Babysitter | 2005
Part-Time Grocery Clerk | 2007 – 2008
Associate of Arts in Public Relations
Hallandale Beach City College – Hallandale Beach, FL
Major: Front Office Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deals promptly with emergencies
- Precise attention to detail
“I am an efficient multi-tasker who is flexible with changing business requirements.”
Superior professional references are available
- Receptionist Resume No Experience
- Receptionist Interview
- Receptionist Jobs
- Receptionist Cover Letter
Receptionist Job Description for Resume
The following job description statements will help you in building the EXPERIENCE section of your resume.
- Greet visitors and clients as they enter the establishment and inquire how they may be assisted
- Provide relevant information and direct people toward concerned departments or employees
- Answer and forward telephone calls following company policies
- Provide instructions to visitors regarding office procedures
- Ensure that the reception area is clean and maintained at all times
- Handle filing activities and manage employee records
- Pick up, sort, and deliver mail to the correct recipients
- Plan and prepare meetings and conferences
- Take minutes of the meetings and ensure that they are documented properly
- Maintain an adequate level of office supplies and ensure their proper handling
- Manage reservations, cancellations, and no-shows in line with company policies and procedures
- Conduct and oversee regular security checks of the office and make sure that nothing is out of sync
- Arrange for courier services
- Provide administrative support by handing out employee applications and assisting in filling them out
- Provide visitors with badges and collect them when they are done with their tours
- Issue parking passes and stickers
- Perform faxing, emailing, printing, and scanning activities
- Update appointments and schedule follow-up appointments as instructed
- Process payments for rendered services and assist in creating and disseminating memos and other official correspondence
- Supervise office maintenance activities and help with billing and accounting procedures