A receptionist resume is a snapshot of your qualifications, education, experiences, skill-set, and other pertinent information under different sections.
You should send a resume along with other job application documents, even if it is not required by the employer.
How to Write a Great Resume for Receptionist Position?
The following 8 tips will help you in writing a great resume:
- Review some receptionist resume examples before writing.
- Look for keywords in the receptionist job description provided by the employer.
- Include only the information that directly relates to a receptionist job.
- Use bullet points under different sections and put the most crucial information first under each section.
- Using power words, such as “handled,” “managed,” “organized,” or “achieved”.
- Add a separate receptionist skills section.
- Focus on important achievements as a receptionist in addition to job descriptions.
- Proofread twice before sending your resume.
Although a receptionist resume has no standard format, the following resume samples contain all information and sections that should be present on a resume.
Feel free to tailor one of these samples as per your circumstances and prospective employer’s needs.
Receptionist Resume Example 1
540 Everest Lane, Deming, MN 76444
❖❖ RECEPTIONIST ❖❖
Dedicated to the continuous improvement of the reception area. Record of attending to visitors and dealing with inquiries efficiently.
Highly organized and dependable Receptionist with 10+ years’ progressively responsible experience. Demonstrated talent to perform a wide range of front desk and administrative tasks, resolve customer complaints, handle high volume phone calls, and answer customer queries. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Verifiable track record of multi-tasking, problem-solving and work prioritization
- A friendly and polite individual who works collaboratively to attain the goals of the company
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Correspondence Handling
• Reception Area Maintenance
• Calendar Management
• Phone Etiquette
• Bill Processing
• Call Forwarding
• Events Coordination
• Customer Service
- Introduced and implemented cost-effective strategies, therefore, reduced the annual front desk expenses by $20000
- Strictly followed customer service protocols, increasing overall customer satisfaction by 50%
- Updated entire healthcare database within the first two months of employment
THE GRAND HYATT, Deming, MN
2015 – Present
- Courteously greet visitors and employees
- Answer and forward phone calls to appropriate individuals and departments
- Schedule customer bookings and guide them about available rooms and suites
- Write letters and email using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Prepare incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Oversee maintenance of the reception and waiting area
- Coordinate customer payments and billing
- Buy the necessary supplies, snacks, and refreshments
- Maintain cleanliness of the reception area
- Work independently and collaboratively on assigned tasks
Front Desk Receptionist
NORTHWEST HEALTHCARE, Deming, MN
2008 – 2015
- Acknowledged and greeted patients/families upon arrival
- Registered patients and visitors on the sign in sheet
- Scheduled patient appointments on the phone
- Coordinated with departments for consultant availability
- Quickly responded to patient questions and concerns
- Provided information regarding facility and billing options
- Answered telephone and forwarded calls to concerned departments
- Filled patient charts
- Handled cashiering tasks
- Maintained, cleaned and sanitized waiting area
Associate of Arts in Customer Service
Community College, Deming, MN | 2005
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Database, Internet, and Email
“My customer-focused approach and great attention to detail make me an exceptional contender.”
Superior references available on request
Receptionist Resume Sample 2
65 7th Ave, Los Angeles, CA 65214
☏ (000) 741-8901
Flexible | Team-spirited | Honest | Polite
- Detail-oriented and hardworkin receptionist with 5+ years’ verifiable track record of handling reception and front desk areas
- Ability to greet residents and clients
- Highly skilled in answering and forwarding phone calls
- Hands-on experience in receiving, sorting, and routing mail
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Complaints Management
- Confidentiality Maintenance
- Data Protection Act Compliance
- Continued Professional Development
- Premise Security
- Quality Assurance
- Difficult People Handling
- Conflict Resolution
- MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Software: NextGen
- Typing Speed: 60 WPM
- Fax and copier machines
IKEA, Los Angeles, CA
2018 – Present
- Welcome visitors and determine the nature of the business
- Direct the visitors to the appropriate department or employee
- Answer 5 phone lines
- Operate a PBX and multi-line telephone system
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail
- Monitor visitor access and issues pass
- Order, receive and maintain office supplies
- Assemble listing packages
- Help with document scanning
– Reorganized the reception area, which increased overall efficiency by 30%.
– Implemented customer care strategies that led to a 50% reduction in complaints.
Front Desk Clerk
Memorial Hospital, Hallandale Beach, FL
2016 – 2018
- Greeted patients and families
- Provided guests with relevant information
- Scheduled and confirmed patient appointments
- Performed data entry using NextGen software system
- Effectively handled the patient grievances
- Maintained confidential files and records
Babysitter | 2005
Part-Time Grocery Clerk | 2007 – 2008
Associate of Arts in Public Relations
Hallandale Beach City College – Hallandale Beach, FL
Major: Front Office Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deals promptly with emergencies
- Precise attention to detail
“I am an efficient multi-tasker who is flexible with changing business requirements.”
Superior professional references available