A receptionist resume is a summary of your qualifications, education, experiences, skill-set, and other pertinent information.
Although the receptionist resume has no standard format, the following resume samples contain all information and sections which should be present on a resume.
Feel free to tailor one of these samples as per your circumstances and prospective employer’s needs.
See also: Receptionist Cover Letter
Receptionist Resume Sample 1
|Fiona Harley||540 Everest Lane, Deming, MN 76444
(009) 287-5484 • [Email]
❖❖ RECEPTIONIST ❖❖
Dedicated to the continuous improvement of the reception area. Record of attending to visitors and dealing with inquiries efficiently.
Highly-organized and dependable Receptionist with 10+ years’ progressively responsible experience. Demonstrated talent to perform a wide range of front desk and administrative tasks. Known to resolve customer complaints, handle high volume phone calls and answer customer queries.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Verifiable track record of multi-tasking, problem-solving and work prioritization. A friendly and polite individual who works collaboratively to attain the goals of the company. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|• Correspondence Handling||• Phone Etiquette||• Customer Service|
|• Reception Maintenance||• Bill Processing||• Supply Ordering|
|• PABX/Switchboard||• Call Forwarding||• Log Keeping|
|• Calendar Management||• Events Coordination||• Work Area Cleanliness|
• Introduced and implemented cost-effective strategies which reduced annual front desk expenses by $20000.
• Strictly followed customer service protocols, which increased overall customer satisfaction by 50%.
• Updated entire healthcare database within the first two months of employment.
THE GRAND HYATT, Deming, MN | 2011 – Present
• Courteously greet visitors and employees
• Answer and forward phone calls to appropriate individuals and departments.
• Schedule customer bookings and guide them about available rooms and suites.
• Write letters and email using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Prepare incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
• Oversee maintenance of the reception and waiting area.
• Coordinate customer payments and billing.
• Buy necessary supplies, snacks, and refreshments.
• Maintain cleanliness of reception area.
• Work independently and collaboratively on assigned tasks.
Front Desk Receptionist
NORTHWEST HEALTHCARE, Deming, MN | 2008 – 2011
• Acknowledged and greeted patients/families upon arrival.
• Registered patients and visitors on the sign in sheet.
• Scheduled patient appointments on the phone.
• Coordinated with departments for consultant availability.
• Quickly responded to patient questions and concerns.
• Provided information regarding facility and billing options.
• Answered telephone and forwarded calls to concerned departments.
• Filled patient charts.
• Handled cashiering tasks.
• Maintained, cleaned and sanitized waiting area.
Community College, Deming, MN | 2005
Associate of Arts in Customer Service
• MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Database, internet, and email
“My customer-focused approach and great attention to detail make me an exceptional contender.”
Superior references available on request
Receptionist Resume Sample 2
65 7th Ave | Los Angeles, CA 65214
☏ (000) 741-8901
Flexible… Team-spirited… Honest… Polite…
• Over four years’ unbeaten track record in reception and front desk arena
• Ability to greet residents and clients
• Highly skilled in answering and forwarding phone calls
• Hands-on experience in receiving, sorting and routing mail
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
|✓ Complaints Management||✓ Premise Security|
|✓ Confidentiality Maintenance||✓ Quality Assurance|
|✓ Data Protection Act Compliance||✓ Difficult People Handling|
|✓ Continued Professional Development||✓ Conflict Resolution|
• MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Software: NextGen
• Typing Speed: 60 WPM
• Fax and copier machines
IKEA, Los Angeles, CA | 2016 – Present
• Welcome visitors and determine the nature of the business
• Direct the visitors to the appropriate department or employee
• Answer 5 phone lines
• Operate a PBX and multi-line telephone system
• Receive, sort, and distribute mail
• Monitor visitor access and issues pass
• Order, receive and maintain office supplies
• Assemble listing packages
• Help with document scanning
• Reorganized the reception area, which increased overall efficiency by 30%.
• Implemented customer care strategies that led to a 50% reduction in complaints.
Front Desk Clerk
Stringfellow Memorial Hospital, Hallandale Beach, FL | 2014 – 2016
• Greeted patients and families
• Provided guests with relevant information
• Scheduled and confirmed patient appointments
• Performed data entry using NextGen software system
• Effectively handled the patient grievances
• Maintained confidential files and records
Babysitter | 2005
Part-Time Grocery Clerk | 2007 – 2008
Hallandale Beach City College – Hallandale Beach, FL
Associate of Arts in Public Relations
Major: Front Office Management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Deals promptly with emergency situations
• Precise attention to detail
“I am an efficient multi-tasker who is flexible with changing business requirements.”
Superior professional references available
See also: Receptionist Jobs
Last updated on