A receptionist resume is a snapshot of your qualifications, education, experiences, skill-set, and other pertinent information under different sections. You should send a resume along with other job application documents, even if it is not required by the employer.
How to Write a Great Resume for Receptionist Position?
- Review some receptionist resume examples before writing.
- Look for keywords in the receptionist job description provided by the employer.
- Include only the information that directly relates to a receptionist job.
- Use bullet points under different sections and put the most crucial information first under each section.
- Using power words, such as “handled,” “managed,” “organized,” or “achieved”.
- Add a separate receptionist skills section.
- Focus on important achievements as a receptionist in addition to job descriptions.
- Proofread twice before sending it.
Although a receptionist resume has no standard format, the following resume samples contain all information and sections that should be present on a resume.
Feel free to tailor one of these samples as per your circumstances and prospective employer’s needs.
Receptionist Resume Example 1
540 Everest Lane, Deming, MN 76444
❖❖ RECEPTIONIST ❖❖
Dedicated to the continuous improvement of the reception area. Record of attending to visitors and dealing with inquiries efficiently.
Highly-organized and dependable Receptionist with 10+ years’ progressively responsible experience. Demonstrated talent to perform a wide range of front desk and administrative tasks. Known to resolve customer complaints, handle high volume phone calls, and answer customer queries.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Verifiable track record of multi-tasking, problem-solving and work prioritization
- A friendly and polite individual who works collaboratively to attain the goals of the company
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Correspondence Handling
• Reception Area Maintenance
• Calendar Management
• Phone Etiquette
• Bill Processing
• Call Forwarding
• Events Coordination
• Customer Service
- Introduced and implemented cost-effective strategies, therefore, reduced the annual front desk expenses by $20000
- Strictly followed customer service protocols, increasing overall customer satisfaction by 50%
- Updated entire healthcare database within the first two months of employment
THE GRAND HYATT, Deming, MN | 2011 – Present
- Courteously greet visitors and employees
- Answer and forward phone calls to appropriate individuals and departments
- Schedule customer bookings and guide them about available rooms and suites
- Write letters and email using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Prepare incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Oversee maintenance of the reception and waiting area
- Coordinate customer payments and billing
- Buy the necessary supplies, snacks, and refreshments
- Maintain cleanliness of the reception area
- Work independently and collaboratively on assigned tasks
Front Desk Receptionist
NORTHWEST HEALTHCARE, Deming, MN | 2008 – 2011
- Acknowledged and greeted patients/families upon arrival
- Registered patients and visitors on the sign in sheet
- Scheduled patient appointments on the phone
- Coordinated with departments for consultant availability
- Quickly responded to patient questions and concerns
- Provided information regarding facility and billing options
- Answered telephone and forwarded calls to concerned departments
- Filled patient charts
- Handled cashiering tasks
- Maintained, cleaned and sanitized waiting area
Associate of Arts in Customer Service
Community College, Deming, MN | 2005
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Database, Internet, and Email
“My customer-focused approach and great attention to detail make me an exceptional contender.”
Superior references available on request
Sample Resume for Receptionist Position (Example 2)
65 7th Ave, Los Angeles, CA 65214
☏ (000) 741-8901
Flexible | Team-spirited | Honest | Polite
- 5+ years’ unbeaten track record in reception and front desk arena
- Ability to greet residents and clients
- Highly skilled in answering and forwarding phone calls
- Hands-on experience in receiving, sorting and routing mail
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Complaints Management
- Confidentiality Maintenance
- Data Protection Act Compliance
- Continued Professional Development
- Premise Security
- Quality Assurance
- Difficult People Handling
- Conflict Resolution
- MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Software: NextGen
- Typing Speed: 60 WPM
- Fax and copier machines
IKEA, Los Angeles, CA
2016 – Present
- Welcome visitors and determine the nature of the business
- Direct the visitors to the appropriate department or employee
- Answer 5 phone lines
- Operate a PBX and multi-line telephone system
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail
- Monitor visitor access and issues pass
- Order, receive and maintain office supplies
- Assemble listing packages
- Help with document scanning
– Reorganized the reception area, which increased overall efficiency by 30%.
– Implemented customer care strategies that led to a 50% reduction in complaints.
Front Desk Clerk
Memorial Hospital, Hallandale Beach, FL
2014 – 2016
- Greeted patients and families
- Provided guests with relevant information
- Scheduled and confirmed patient appointments
- Performed data entry using NextGen software system
- Effectively handled the patient grievances
- Maintained confidential files and records
Babysitter | 2005
Part-Time Grocery Clerk | 2007 – 2008
Associate of Arts in Public Relations
Hallandale Beach City College – Hallandale Beach, FL
Major: Front Office Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deals promptly with emergencies
- Precise attention to detail
“I am an efficient multi-tasker who is flexible with changing business requirements.”
Superior professional references available