Either you are thinking to build a resume for a waitress position or appearing in an interview, a sample job description will help you in both cases.
The job of a waitress includes taking orders and serving food and drinks to the guests.
This position requires a lot of physical stamina as they need to walk or stand for long periods of time.
In addition, they should know how to use kitchen appliances and need to have a great teamwork spirit.
In addition to the specific duties assigned to a waitress position, their most important duty is to greet guests warmly and make them feel home each time.
This requires a friendly personality, effective communication skills, and exceptional customer service acumen.
Sample Job Description for Waitress Resume
• Set up and decorate tables for meals, and arrange silverware and napkins as per restaurant protocols
• Greet guests and guide them to available tables
• Present guests with a menu card
• Make recommendations for various meal courses and combinations
• Take orders from the patrons and inform them regarding serving time
• Relay orders to the kitchen staff manually or through the POS system
• Serve drinks from the bar as ordered
• Transport warm and ready meals on tables
• Prepare bills, take payment form the guests and produce change
• Handle cash and credit card payments
• Keep the service area stocked with supplies
• Clear the table when guests leave
• Present feedback forms and accept the same once filled
• Help kitchen staff and bartenders as and when needed
• Pack meals for take away orders and heat the same in the microwave
• Stack all the dishes into the dishwasher and operate the same
• Perform general cleaning duties such as wiping, mopping and dusting
• Assist in lunch and dinner time preps and perform tasks like salad mixing and sandwich making
• Provide guests with information about the locality if needed
• Write order slips and enter the same into the computerized ordering software for posting in the kitchen
Waitress Knowledge and skills
• Ability to read and write
• Customer oriented attitude
• Able to operate kitchen based electric appliance
• Good mathematical skills