Your resume is the most imprtant part of your job search as a waiter or waitress. It is the document that markets you and your qualifications to a prospective employer, an invitation to them to learn about your relevant skills and qualifications.
For that reason, the qualifications and skills section of waitress resume is the key part and must be written with great care.
Below are some sample skills and qualifications for a waitress resume. Feel free to use some of the following statements to build an effective resume.
See also: Waitress Cover Letter
Waitress Qualifications and Skills for Resume
1. Demonstrated ability to greet patrons, offer them an appropriate table and present menus.
2. Able to recommend menu/daily specials and answer questions regarding food and beverages.
3. Perfect ability to learn menu items and describes them appropriately to patrons.
4. Highly skilled in taking orders, relaying to kitchen and bar staff, and delivering back to patrons in a polite manner.
5. Adept at preparing and serving specialty foods and drinks.
6. Proficient in exceeding guests’ expectation by refilling beverages and clearing tables.
7. Able to respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
8. Hands-on experience in setting up and resetting tables, and placing decorations.
9. Familiar with a wide range of food and beverages.
10. Proven ability to communicate with kitchen staff
11. Special talent for issuing bill to customers, accepting payment, and maintaining proper accountability for orders and funds.
12. Competent at accepting credit card and cash payments.
13. Well-versed with the point of sale system and cash registers.
14. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
15. Dedicated and meticulous – high level of accurateness and attention to detail.
16. Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish.
17. Skilled in MS Word, Excel and the Internet.
18. Well versed with POS system.
19. Effective team-player with considerable attention to detail.
20. Dexterous to stand for long periods and lift heavy trays.
21. Exceptionally professional demeanor and very respectful and friendly attitude.
22. Excellent skills in maintaining cleanliness and personal hygiene standards.
23. Knowledge of hospitality terminology.
24. Able to bartend and cook when needed.
25. Dependable to perform opening and closing duties.
26. Ability to think and act quickly in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
27. Known to collaborate with other restaurant crew and kitchen/bar staff.
28. Successful track record of dealing with complaints and problems with a positive attitude.
29. Positive can-do attitude with the ability to accurately take and follow instructions.
30. Bilingual: English/Spanish