Your resume is an essential part of your job search as a waiter or waitress.
It is the document that markets you and your qualifications to a prospective employer, an invitation to them to learn about your relevant skills and qualifications.
For this reason, the qualifications and skills section of waitress resume is the key part and must be written with great care.
Below are some sample skills and qualifications for a waitress resume.
You may use some of the following statements to build an effective resume.
See also: Waitress Cover Letter
Waitress Qualifications and Skills
• Demonstrated ability to greet patrons, and offer them an appropriate table and present menus.
• Able to make food recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages.
• Perfect ability to learn menu items and describes them appropriately to patrons.
• Highly skilled in taking orders and relaying to kitchen and bar staff.
• Adept at preparing and serving specialty foods and drinks.
• Proficient in exceeding guest expectation by refilling beverages and clearing tables.
• Able to respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
• Hands-on experience in setting up and resetting tables, and placing decorations.
• Familiar with a wide range of food and beverages.
• Proven ability to communicate with kitchen staff
• Efficiently provides the bill to customers, collects cash, and maintains proper accountability for orders and funds.
• Competent at accepting credit card and cash payments.
• Well-versed with the point of sale system and cash registers.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Dedicated and meticulous – high level of accurateness and attention to detail.
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish.
• Skilled in MS Word, Excel and the Internet.
• Effective team-player with considerable attention to detail.
• Dexterous to stand for long periods and lift heavy trays.
• Exceptionally professional demeanor and very respectful and friendly attitude.
• Excellent skills in maintaining cleanliness and personal hygiene standards.
• Knowledge of hospitality terminology.