A targeted resume for maintenance porter position is a successful resume.
To build your resume, you need first to research the requirements of the job that you are applying for.
If the job is that of a maintenance porter, your resume should be tailored to the specifications of the employer (or the actual job description if you can get your hands on it).
In your maintenance porter resume, talk about previous experiences and skills that were polished by your experiences. The opening of your resume should be able to “knock ‘em dead” so pay particular attention to how you word your resume objective or career summary.
Take a look at the following resume sample for a maintenance porter position.
Maintenance Porter Resume Example
892 Rogers Lake Road ● Lithonia, GA 28736 ● (999) 999-9999, [Email]
Highly skilled cleaning professional with 8 years of extensive experience in cleaning and maintaining different types of structures including office buildings, residences, and schools. A proactive and reliable individual with extensive knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
• Highly skilled in performing general and preventative maintenance with an aim to minimize safety hazards and bodily harm.
• Able to demonstrate expertise in repairing malfunctioning equipment to ensuring smooth and consistent operations.
• Comprehensive knowledge of using cleaning and maintenance equipment following safety protocols.
• Adept at removing snow utilizing a variety of equipment, aimed at ensuring a clear and safe path for cars and individuals.
• Introduced the concept of “salt sprinkler system”, thereby reducing the chances of slipping on icy walkways.
• Decreased electricity costs by 33% by suggesting building insulation techniques.
• Awarded Employee of the Year in 3 consecutive years for exceptional maintenance work.
• Trained 15 employees to work as part of the janitorial staff to be deployed in off-state office.
St. Luke’s Residential, Lithonia, GA ~ 6/2010 to Present
• Inspect property on a daily basis to look for repair and maintenance possibilities.
• Identify the need for repair and maintenance and make mental notes to acquire tools and materials.
• Perform preventative and general support inside and outside buildings such as cleaning, mopping, sweeping and vacuuming.
• Handle pool maintenance and cleaning duties.
• Dust and polish furniture and rearrange furniture as per specific instructions.
• Mix cleaning agents by following safety precautions and ensure that they are used in a manner not hazardous to self or occupants of the building.
• Maintain awareness of meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs and sewer cleanouts.
• Collect trash from receptacles and ensure that it is appropriately disposed of.
• Mow lawns and ensure that shrubbery is appropriately trimmed and edicts a neat appearance.
• Shovel snow from parking areas and walkways.
• Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and order any supplies or equipment that may run low in stock.
Maxpax Apartments, Lithonia, GA ~ 1/2009 to 5/2010
• Swept and mopped floors and dusted and polished furniture.
• Changed burnt out light bulbs and replaced or repairs damaged fixtures.
• Washed bathrooms and cleaned counters.
• Cleaned staircases and adjusted runners on entrances and stairways.
• Vacuumed and shampooed carpets and picked up laundry from registered apartments.
• Maintained inventory of cleaning supplies.
• Assisted in mowing and trimming grounds and shoveling snow from parkways and walkways.
Diploma: CITY SCHOOL, Lithonia, GA
Last updated on