Since a building porter is an essential part of a building maintenance team, their resume should contain information on his expertise in handling cleaning and maintenance jobs.
You will need to highlight your knowledge of keeping buildings safe to ensure the security of the people who use them.
The following resume sample for a building porter resume will give you an idea of how to write your own:
Building Porter Resume Sample
1029 Swan Hill Drive, West Jordan, UT 11293
benking @ email . com
A hardworking, enthusiastic, and physically agile individual with five years of experience working as a building porter in apartment buildings and office complexes. Hands-on experience of choosing and using appropriate cleaning tools and equipment needed for specific jobs. Highly experienced in using power tools to handle repair and maintenance work.
• Strong knowledge of the safe mix and use of cleaning products to ensure self and team members’ safety.
• Functional knowledge of ensuring clean and safe pool areas, offices, recreation areas, grounds, and pathways.
• Able to safely and effectively use hand and power tools such as mowers, hammers, and drills to perform building maintenance services.
• Comprehensive knowledge of carrying out fire safety checks in accordance with OSHA and ADA guidelines.
• Introduced a “homemade” salt concoction to spread on icy walkways, as a result, significantly decreased the chances of accidents.
• Streamlined the maintenance staff schedule by implementing a system that dynamically assigns duties to team members in the absence of one.
• Increased prospective residents’ interest in the apartment building by 30% by upgrading the outward appearance of the weatherworn building.
• Decreased utility bills by 60% by suggesting the installation of false ceilings.
Stonehearst Residential, West Jordan, UT
• Clean, mop, and sweep floors of hallways, rooms, and offices
• Handle pool maintenance duties and maintain awareness of proper safety precautions
• Remove litter and debris from offices, pool areas, apartments, stairways, pathways and parking lots
• Clear hazardous materials from green areas around the building to ensure safety and visual aesthetics
• Mow lawns and sculpt bushes and hedges to maintain visually pleasing outdoors
• Remove abandoned furniture and transfer it to dumpsters or storage areas
• Repair doors, windows, and electrical fittings – replace light bulbs and perform routine maintenance tasks
• Handle building lockdown and opening activities at designated hours
• Assist in cleaning and maintaining storage areas
• Respond to emergency situations such as fire or natural calamities by ensuring egress of all residents
Horton Office Complex, West Jordan, UT
• Provided support in handling building cleaning services
• Mopped, scrubbed, and swept office floors
• Washed and disinfected bathrooms on a daily basis
• Took out trash from each office and ensured the cleanliness of stairways and pathways
• Vacuumed and shampooed carpets and polished floors
• Washed windows and watered green areas around the office building
Terrence Trent High School, West Jordan, UT – 2008
– Patrol service – Security management
– Communication – Security alarms
– Safe access/egress – Inventory control
See also: Building Porter Cover Letter