The housekeeping department of any organization within the hospitality industry is of great importance.
This is because the cleanliness and upkeep of a facility such as a hotel are imperative to its reputation.
And linen porters are individuals who make sure that a huge part of this department is kept functioning at all times.
Linen porters assist room attendants and hotel housekeepers by collecting, sorting, and processing the laundry throughout the hotel.
Their duties include removing and supplying linen to all pertinent hotel rooms and departments and assisting in the movement of beds and furniture.
The ideal candidate for the linen porter position should have some hands-on experience in a similar role.
In fact, they should maintain a high standard of personal presentation and be passionate about performing hard physical work.
The following CV or resume sample is suitable for the linen room attendant and porter positions. You can modify this sample as per job requirements and your qualifications.
Sample Resume for Linen Porter Position
31 Example Lane
London 6F9 V3S
Seeking a position as a Linen Room Attendant or Porter with ABC Hotel. Eager to use my physical stamina and passion to make a significant contribution.
• 4+ years of experience working in busy hotel settings
• Friendly approach and a right eye for detail
• Profound ability to provide a professional room storage service
• Able to arrange and maintain a clean and professional linen room and supplies to achieve the highest hotel and departmental standards
• Demonstrated ability to keep smooth and well-organized running of the Uniform Room
Marriott – London
June 2015 – Present
• Maintain sanitation of linen room.
• Ensure all hotel linen is well-kept and safe
• Ensure the effectiveness and smooth running of the Linen Department
• Exchange soiled linen for fresh supplies
• Control, record, and monitor all linen items and movement of the stock
InterContinental Hotels Group – London
May 2014 – June 2015
• Reported to the Linen Room Manager for any damaged items
• Checked all outgoing and incoming uniforms for their form and any required repair work to be done instantly
• Ensured all cotton fabrics and linen are well maintained with proper stock levels
Associate’s Degree in Hospitality Management
ABC College, London – 2013
• Fluent in written and verbal English language
• Good organization skills
• Neat appearance, self-motivated, and well presented
• Basic computer skills
Linen Porter Job Description for Resume
- Maintain inventory of linen supplies within the supplies room and ensure that any low stock situations are communicated to the head housekeeper
- Received and recorded soiled dirty linen and issued fresh linen supplies in exchange
- Checked guest rooms on a daily basis to determine linen changing requirements and carried soiled or dirty linen to the laundry room
- Properly iron and fold all washed and sanitized linen, and place them in assigned cupboards.
- Report damages such as tears and burns to linen to the housekeeper and ensure that orders for replacements are placed.
- Create and maintain liaison with room service personnel to determine linen requirements for each room and bathroom.
- Issue linen supplies such as bedsheets, duvets, covers, and towels and ensure that they are properly recorded in the system.
- Receive and log staff uniforms and ascertain that they are timely laundered and returned to staff members.
- Issue cleaning rags to housekeeping staff members and maintain logs according to established protocols.
- Organize and clean the linen room at all times.
- Place supplies on trolleys according to established protocols, and ensure that they are kept ready for room service personnel to take to guestrooms.
Commitment to delivering high levels of guest services, a smart and tidy appearance, a positive attitude, and great enthusiasm, all go a long way in making you an eligible candidate to work as a linen porter.
Some experience in a housekeeping capacity will go a long way in ensuring that your candidature is given due consideration by a hiring manager who is looking for exceptional people to hire.
Mostly, training is provided to people hired as linen porters while they are on the job.
If you have worked as one before, you will know the ins and outs of this work, but may need some heads up in determining the specifics of your work, pertaining to the new place that you aspire to work in.