Very often, a resume is the first formal point of contact between an employer and a potential candidate.
Therefore, catering to the employer’s needs in your resume is the key to getting noticed and being considered for the job.
It must be remembered that good resumes are short and tailored to the job description provided by the employer.
In fact, your resume should contain concise and crisp account of your professional skills, supported by some relevant accomplishments.
Ideally, the length of your resume should not exceed one page.
Below is a custodial worker resume sample for your further guidance in this regard.
Custodial Worker Resume Sample 1
823 North West Avenue
Tampa, FL 56422
nelson.fielder @ email . com
Adroit and respectful custodial worker with 13 years of hands-on experience in maintaining the assigned premises in neat and clean condition. Proven ability to take and follow instructions to book. A safety-minded individual that is fully aware of safety protocols associated with chemical cleaning procedures and OSHA guidelines.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Window Cleaning
• Trash Disposal
• Furniture Polishing
• Carpet Vacuuming
• Floor Mopping
• Snow Clearing
• Floor Scrubbing
• Toilet Cleaning
• Minor Maintenance
• Tile Buffing
The UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA, Tampa, FL
February 2013 – Present
• Collect the trash daily and dispose of it in an environment-friendly manner
• Dust and arrange furniture in the classrooms
• Remove cobwebs from ceilings
• Clean white and blackboards regularly
• Clear snow off the pavements and parking area
• Mop and scrub floors
• Enhanced customer satisfaction by 20% through demonstration of excellent cleaning and maintenance skills.
• Fixed a minor fault in mechanical snow clearing equipment, saving a replacement cost of up to $3000.
• Earned ‘the most punctual employee’ title in 2020.
UPMC, Tampa, FL
August 2010 – January 2013
• Cleaned the washrooms and open clogged drains
• Dusted and polished the woodwork and furniture
• Swept the floor and buff-cleaned the tiled area
• Vacuum cleaned carpets and rugs periodically
• Cleaned window panes and glass
• Maintained the grounds of the premises
GED, CITY SCHOOL, Tampa, FL – 2010
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Load lifting ability: 40 lbs
• First Aid Certified
• Willing to work outdoors in difficult weather conditions
Custodial Worker Resume Sample 2
1736 Goldfinch Road
Middletown, DE 18460
jgroot @ email . com
High-performing Custodian with a 20-year track record of success with high-profile companies. Consistently exceeding the cleanliness and maintenance standards of assigned areas, with a special focus on the safety of people. High level of professional integrity and a passion to achieve the best results.
• Simultaneously cleaned 2 buildings just in time for their opening times.
• Devised a replenishment system that provided alerts when a bathroom or kitchen ran out of supplies.
• Increased the security of the assigned building by suggesting the installation of a highly complex security system.
• Singlehandedly repaired an entire HVAC system in the absence of a technician, minimizing downtime by 85%.
Camden Buildings, Middletown, DE
5/2013 – Present
• Clean assigned areas by sweeping and mopping.
• Wash bathrooms using the correct mixes of water and chemicals and ensure that they are sanitized.
• Replenish supplies such as soap, shampoo, and towels before users have a chance to complain.
• Vacuum carpets and curtains, and periodically wash and dry them, before reinstalling them.
• Dust furniture and fixtures and polish them from time to time.
• Perform repair and maintenance work ensuring that any significant issues or problems are communicated to the building manager.
• Maintain effective liaison with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of cleaning supplies.
• Create and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment, and inform managers of low stock situations.
St. Adams Elementary School, Middletown, DE
2/2001 – 5/2013
• Assisted custodial workers by providing them with cleaning supplies and equipment.
• Provided support in performing cleaning, mopping, and dusting activities.
• Ensured that all repair and maintenance work was properly handled.
• Vacuumed and washed drapes, carpets, and rugs, and ensured that they were dried properly.
• Washed windows, and handled floor and furniture waxing activities, by following provided instructions.
High School Diploma
Middletown High School, Middletown, DE – 2009
✓ Chemical Use
✓ Waste Management
✓ Repair and Maintenance
✓ Equipment Maintenance
✓ HVAC Systems Management
✓ Industrial Cleaning Equipment
✓ Building Security
✓ Stocking and Replenishment
✓ Window Cleaning
✓ Supplies Management