Considering the numerous challenges in today’s job market, to be effective, one’s resume must focus on how the prospective employers think about, prioritize and describe the job’s deliverability. Very often, resume is the first formal point of contact between and employer and potential candidate, therefore, understanding and selling the employer’s needs in your resume is the key to get noticed by your prospective employer and to be considered for your dream job.
Impactful resumes are not very detailed or comprehensive; rather they are targeted and tailored for the specific position the candidate is applying for. A concise and crisp account of your professional capabilities, supported by some relevant accomplishments which amply highlight the most selling features of your candidacy should suffice. Ideally, the length of your resume should not exceed one page.
Below is a custodial worker resume sample for your further guidance in this regard.
823 North West Avenue • Tampa, FL 56422 • (003) 222 – 6666 • nelson . fielder @ email . com
SUMMARY: Adroit and respectful custodial worker bringing 4 years of hands on experience in maintaining the assigned premises in neat and clean condition. Proven ability to take and follow instructions to book. Safety minded individual, familiar who is fully aware of safety protocols associated with chemical cleaning procedures and OSHA guidelines.
|• Sweeping||• Mopping||• Window Cleaning|
|• Trash Disposal||• Furniture Polishing||• Carpet Vacuuming|
|• Floor Mopping||• Snow Clearing||• Floor Scrubbing|
|• Toilet Cleaning||• Minor Maintenance||• Tile Buffing|
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA, Tampa, FL
Custodial Worker, February 2013 – Present
• Collect the trash daily and dispose it off in an environment friendly manner
• Dust and arrange furniture in the classrooms
• Remove cobwebs from ceilings
• Clean white and black boards regularly
• Clear snow off the pavements and parking area
• Mop and scrub the floor
• Enhanced customer satisfaction by 20% through demonstration of excellent cleaning and maintenance skills
• Fixed a minor fault in mechanical snow clearing equipment, saving a replacement cost of up till $3K
• Earned ‘the most punctual employee’ title in 2013
UPMC, Tampa, FL
Cleaner, August 2010 – January 2013
• Cleaned the washrooms and open clogged drains
• Dusted and polished the wood work and furniture
• Swept the floor and buff-cleaned the tiled area
• Vacuum cleaned carpets and rugs periodically
• Cleaned window panes and glass
• Maintained the premises grounds
GED, CITY SCHOOL, Tampa, FL – 2010
o Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
o Load lifting ability up till 60 lbs.
o First Aid Certified
o Willing to work outdoors in difficult weather conditions