Janitors, housekeepers, and custodians work in schools, government buildings, hospitals, businesses and hotels to keep them clean, safe and organized.
They are responsible for performing the overall cleaning and maintenance of the assigned area.
Janitorial professionals must be flexible in performing assigned duties.
In order to be considered for a janitorial position at any organization, you will require making a resume along with a Janitorial Cover Letter detailing your key qualifications and professional background in a logical manner. Both of these documents must not exceed one page in length.
The following janitor resume sample highlights accomplishments, experience, and qualifications of the candidate.
See also: Janitor Resume No Experience
This resume is written in a chronological format containing bullet points.
Janitor Resume Sample
548 Church Street, Piscataway, NJ
8+ years’ successful track record of cleaning and sanitizing work area in a timely fashion. In-depth knowledge of operating different kinds of cleaning machines. Ensures proper usage of supplies and equipment. Ability to follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Good communication skills
- Handling multiple cleaning tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to work with other crew members
- Able to perform all physical aspects of the janitorial job
- Record of cleaning up to 1500 square feet per hour
- Perform all kinds of basic cleaning tasks.
- Restock toilet tissues and remove waste tissues/paper.
- Refill dispensers and empty trash.
- Sweep and mop floors and dust furniture.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs in rooms, lobbies, and corridors.
- Empty and clean ashtrays as well as waste receptacles.
- Designed and implemented new methods of cleaning reducing overhead costs by 30%.
- Attained the ” Cleaner of the Year Award.” | 2013 and 2014
- Emptied, cleaned all waste containers, and remove waste paper and garbage.
- Vacuumed rugs and carpeted areas in the offices, lobbies, and corridors.
- Washed, cleaned and disinfected water coolers and air conditioners.
- Cleaned entry door glass from inside and outside.
- Wiped clean all office furniture and fixtures.
- Damped wipe and polished all glass furniture tops.
High School Diploma
Churchill Public School, Milwaukee, WI
Strong professional references available