Day porters are an essential part of the custodial staff. They work in public buildings and offices where their primary responsibility is to ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the premises.
Also, they expected to work all day on a shift basis as the need for cleanliness is eminent all day with so many people walking the lobbies and using restrooms in a public place.
A high school diploma and some cleaning experience are usually required for a porter position.
Skills and knowledge of cleaning practices will be a plus to be able to provide justice to this job.
When applying for a position as a day porter, you will need to specify your skills and qualifications in your resume.
View the sample resume of a porter to get an idea of how you can do this.
Day Porter Resume Example
21 Opihi Street
Honolulu, HI 90000
High energy and a real zeal for making a difference.
Dedicated and hardworking porter with a strong passion for delivering meaningful results and contributing to the success of the organization. Competent at cleaning and maintaining different types of areas in public buildings. Exceptional skills in cleaning using various chemicals and cleaning supplies. Conversant with the safe use of chemicals. Extensive experience in furniture polishing and restoration.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
✓ Floor Care: Vacuuming, mopping, and carpet spot removal
✓ Surface Care: Dusting, sanitizing, glass and window cleaning, furniture polishing, and blind cleaning
✓ Waste Removal: Emptying trash and transporting waste to appropriate disposal areas
✓ Light Maintenance: Replacing bulbs and restocking supplies
Brightstar, Honolulu, HI
• Clean surfaces in lobbies and activity areas
• Perform maintenance duties
• Sweep and mop floors using the required chemicals
• Move and arrange furniture
• Empty waste receptacles and dispose of trash
• Vacuum and shampoo rugs and carpets
• Dust furniture and replace light bulbs
• Clean bathrooms and replenish supplies
• Perform buffing activities on floor tiles
ABM Industries, Honolulu, HI
• Cleaned the inside and outside of the premises
• Polished glass tops and silverware
• Washed and disinfect restrooms
• Sanitized stairways and spills
• Dusted furniture and vacuumed carpets
• Removed waste and performed light maintenance work
St. Andrew’s Public School, Honolulu, HI
High School Diploma – 2005
• Physically agile and dexterous
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to operate manual and automatic cleaning tools