A Dental Receptionist performs a variety of administrative tasks such as keeping a record of patient charts, scheduling appointments, briefing patients about their dental checkup and treatment, answer queries, and provide excellent customer service. They must possess advanced computer skills, along with an excellent understanding of orthodontics.
To apply for a job as a dental receptionist, you need a resume, as well as a dental receptionist cover letter in the majority of the situations. A targeted resume for the dental receptionist position makes a prospective employer believe that you are the perfect candidate who deserves further consideration.
Here are 2 resume samples for a dental receptionist position to help you build an attention-grabbing resume.
Dental Receptionist Resume Sample 1
Experience: 10+ Years
Tanya Mc Beal
48 Shields Street, Scott Township, PA 38902
tanbeal @ email . com
Front Desk Management | Customer Service | Communication
A dependable and highly-energetic individual with hands-on experience in handling front desk tasks in busy and fast-paced dental facilities. Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while working collaboratively. Special talent for scheduling appointments, and preparing and organizing patient records in a dental database. Familiar with dental terminology and dental insurance verification.
• Introduced a patient follow-up system that automatically sent reminders to patients 24 hours before an appointment.
• Had 98 out 100 dental insurance claims paid within 15 days of services rendered.
• Reduced overhead costs by 6$600 per month by suggesting the use of alternative energy sources during busy hours.
• Wrote an educational booklet on the facility’s dental practices for patient and family education.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
North West Dental, Scott Township, PA
5/2014 – Present
• Greet patients at the facility and assist them by responding to their queries.
• Provide information regarding dental facilities services and costs.
• Take telephone calls and respond to questions regarding appointments and free time slots.
• Schedule appointments according to dentists’ available time slots and provide appointment details to patients over the telephone and in person.
• Assist patients in filling out patient information forms.
• Take the patient’s medical histories and insurance information.
• Provide dentists with information on patients’ histories and complaints.
• Assist in setting up examination rooms and preparing dental instruments.
• Provide patients with information on dental procedures and what to expect.
• Make follow up calls to patients to provide them with reminders about appointments.
• Take payments for services rendered and tender a change.
• Contact insurance companies and ensure that outstanding claims are paid.
Front Desk Worker
Dental Dreams, Scott Township, PA
1/2011 – 5/2014
• Took telephone calls and provided information regarding dental practice’s facilities.
• Responded to callers’ questions and allotted them appointment times.
• Assisted walk-in patients in filling out information and insurance forms.
• Educated patients and their families about dental procedures and post-procedural care.
• Filled out insurance claims forms and followed up with insurance companies to ensure that they are paid.
• Ensured that the waiting and reception areas are kept clean and maintained.
Township High School, Scott Township, PA | 2009
– Patient and insurance verification
– Dental record management
– Tier one services
– Patient scheduling
– Inventory management
• Electronic Dental Records
• MS Word and Excel
• Typing Speed: 50 WPM with accuracy
Dental Receptionist Resume Example 2
Experience: 5+ Years
98 Robinson Street, Washington, DC 20009
Upbeat and committed Dental Receptionist with 4+ years’ experience in a multitude of front desk environments. Incredible organizational, interpersonal, customer service, and conflict resolution skills. Hands-on experience in managing patients’ charts and ensuring that the data is accurate. Skillful in guiding patients on the phone and in person. A meticulous individual who performs clerical and secretarial tasks in the most efficient way.
✓ Dental terminology
✓ Insurance policies and procedures
✓ Appointments scheduling
✓ Greeting patients and families
✓ Receiving and processing calls
✓ Patients’ co-payment & Cashiering
✓ Ensuring confidentiality
• Remarkably made suitable and dependable assessments at the time of any crisis and emergency
• Volunteered to work for the betterment of entire dental staff and patients by honestly coordinating with established goals
• Planned, arranged, synchronized, and executed multiple dental and orthodontic activities flawlessly
Sparkle Dental Services, Coral Gables, FL
May 2015 – Present
– Arranged treatment plans and meetings as scheduled.
– Confirmed appointments and completed insurance verification before the given period.
– Kept a record of checking patients in and their registration processes as well as correctly maintained comprehensive patient accounts.
– With a patient-focused approach, interacted with patients courteously and greeted them considerately.
– Responded to their queries and requests in a pleasant manner.
– Maintained a professional and positive environment for the patients and guaranteed superior patient care.
– Precisely mailed/sent all the charges and payments to patient’s respective accounts, kept the record of their billing details, registration processes, and insurances.
– Eentered the relevant information into the computer databases by keeping in mind the standards of confidentiality
– Serialize and keep the dental apparatus functioning efficiently by following the given guidelines.
Dental Reception Course
City Community College, Coral Gables, FL –
Associate of Science in Dental Hygiene
Some College, Coral Gables, FL
– MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Dental Software: Eagle-soft