If you fill up your porter resume with too many jobs, they threaten your focus. It is alright to write just the ones that are relevant to the porter position for which you have applied now.
The rest can be communicated verbally if asked in the interview. A mishmash of jobs makes a resume collapse. Eliminating your previous trivial pursuits and create a resume that is targeted to the porter position the way to go forward.
For reference, take a look at the hotel porter resume sample below.
10 55th Street | Belfast, NY 56332 | (000) 142-8544 | jackbuck @email .com
Summary: Customer service-oriented Porter with 5+ years’ vast experience in working on tier 1 in a hotel environment. Proficient in assisting smooth check-in and check-out of guests, handling luggage safely and ensuring appropriate cleanliness. A fun and friendly individual who has a strong desire to help others, along with a reputation for being approachable.
|• Level 1 Support||• Reservations||• Guest Safety|
|• Cleanliness/Maintenance||• Request Follow-up||• Luggage Support|
|• Errand Running||• Meals Support||• Facilities Advice|
|• Conveyance Arrangements||• Post Office Runs||• Housekeeping Assistance|
• Successfully handled 5 guests’ check-in and potting duties simultaneously by employing exceptional multitasking abilities
• Introduced a guest welcome system, which was based on “every guests is a VIP”, resulting in increased guest satisfaction and return business
• Suggested implementation of a security module which increased guests’ confidence in their luggage being moved without their supervision
• Doubled up as a valet during an extremely busy week at the hotel, without compromising either role
Holiday Inn, Belfast, NY | 6/2014 – Present
• Greet guests as they approach the hotel counter
• Lead and assist guests throughout the check in procedure
• Load luggage onto dollies and lead guests to their assigned rooms, while indulging in light conversation
• Assist guests in checking into their rooms by showing them how key card work
• Provide information regarding sightseeing and local attractions
• Arrange transportation for guests
Holiday Inn Express, Jew Jersey, NY | 8/2011 – 6/2014
• Settled guests’ luggage in assigned areas and inquired into any additional assistance that they may need
• Described hotel facilities and assisted guests in taking advantage of them
• Ran errands such as post office runs
• Provided assistance to guests in checking out by ensuring that their keycards are retuned and luggage is properly transported to their vehicles
Belfast High School, Belfast, NY – 2011
High School Diploma