A hotel porter resume is an important job application document that is usually required when you want to apply for a new job.
In order to make a compelling hotel porter resume, you will need to add the following skills and experiences to your resume:
- Performing light cleaning duties around the hotel, both inside and out
- Vacuuming, dusting, mopping, sweeping and restroom cleaning
- Disinfecting equipment and supplies
- Providing excellent guest service
For reference, take a look at the hotel porter resume sample below.
Hotel Porter Resume Example
10 55th Street
Belfast, NY 56332
jackbuck @email .com
Customer service-oriented Porter with 5+ years’ vast experience in working on tier-1 in a hotel environment. Proficient in assisting smooth check-in and check-out of guests, handling luggage safely, and ensuring appropriate cleanliness. A fun and friendly individual who has a strong desire to help others, along with a reputation for being approachable.
• Luggage Support
• Errand Running
• Conveyance Arrangements
• Housekeeping Assistance
• Reservations Handling
• Guest Safety
Holiday Inn, Belfast, NY
6/2014 – Present
• Sort and organize items including but not limited to dishes, equipment, and other small wares.
• Safely dispose of garbage
• Maintain a clean and orderly work-station
• Greet guests as they approach the hotel counter
• Lead and assist guests throughout the check-in procedure
• Load luggage onto dollies and lead guests to their assigned rooms, while indulging in light conversation
• Assist guests in checking into their rooms by showing them how key cards work
• Provide information regarding sightseeing and local attractions
• Arrange transportation for guests
• Successfully performed cleaning and maintenance of 10 rooms in 4 hours by employing exceptional multitasking abilities.
• Suggested implementation of a security module that increased guests’ confidence in their luggage being moved without their supervision.
• Doubled up as a valet during an extremely busy week at the hotel, without compromising either role.
Holiday Inn Express, Jew Jersey, NY
8/2011 – 6/2014
• Settled guests’ luggage in assigned areas and inquired into any additional assistance that they may need
• Described hotel facilities and assisted guests in taking advantage of them
• Ran errands such as post office runs
• Provided assistance to guests in checking out by ensuring that their keycards are returned and luggage is properly transported to their vehicles
High School Diploma
Belfast High School, Belfast, NY – 2011