Even if you are a professional resume writer, you might come across an instance when resume formats will be confusing. For instance, if you have been asked to write a resume for a carpenter apprentice, you should know that an apprentice’s resume is quite obviously an entry-level resume.
Entry-level resumes or those that show a change in career direction needs to be written in a slightly different way than a resume that speaks volumes for someone’s experience.
The essence is the same – the execution is not.
When you write a resume for an apprentice position, you need to emphasize on skills and not experience – if there is any.
It is possible that you may be an experienced individual but your experience lies in another industry.
In such a case, you will still need to tone down your resume and make sure that you do not put in any unrelated information.
An individual applying for a carpenter apprentice position does not really need to put in information regarding a sales job in the past.
Since we are talking about carpenter apprentices, let us take a look at a resume sample for a carpenter apprentice:
Sample Resume for Carpenter Apprentice
7895 Blue Spruce Lane, Altoona, PA 18373
[email protected] .com
A dedicated and hardworking individual with comprehensive knowledge of constructing and repairing building frameworks and structures. Well-versed in following blueprints and building plans to meet specifications provided by the client.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Carrying out measurements and calculations to determine dimensions and needed materials.
• Erecting and dismantling restricted height scaffolding and carrying out leveling operations.
• Using a variety of carpentry tools such as saws, hammers, chisels, and circular and drive saws.
• Clearing work areas to ensure that no hazardous materials are present and that sites are ready on time.
Associate of Applied Science in Carpentry Technology
City College, Altoona, PA – 2020
SPECIAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Site Safety • Repair/Maintenance
Framing • Wood Shaping
Damage Assessment • Site Layout
Fabrication • Concrete Mixing
Cladding • Building Codes
Estimating • Blueprint Reading
Framing • Cabinet Making
ABC Company, Altoona, PA
• Assisted shop teacher in imparting carpentry instruction by providing support in creating and implementing shop lessons
• Used carpentry tools and equipment to assist students in creating small works out of wood such as chairs and tables
• Assisted in handling minor repairs around the school building such as repairing cupboards and lockers
• Performed minor electrical repairs in and around the school to assist with overall maintenance and repair functions
REFERENCES Available on request