Entry-level resumes or those that show a change in career direction need to be written in a slightly different way than a resume that speaks volumes for someone’s experience.
The essence is the same – the execution is not.
When you write a resume for an apprentice position, you need to emphasize your skills not experience – if there is any.
It is possible that you may be an experienced individual but your experience lies in another industry.
In such a case, you will still need to tone down your resume and make sure that you do not put in any unrelated information.
An individual applying for a carpenter apprentice position does not really need to put in information regarding a sales job in the past.
Since we are talking about carpenter apprentices, let us take a look at a resume sample for a carpenter apprentice:
Sample Resume for Carpenter Apprentice Position
7895 Blue Spruce Lane, Altoona, PA 18373
tersul@ email . com
A dedicated and hardworking Carpenter Apprentice, seeking a position at ABC company. Eager to utilize knowledge of constructing and repairing building frameworks and structures. Well-versed in following blueprints and building plans to meet specifications provided by the client.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Carrying out measurements and calculations to determine dimensions and needed materials.
• Erecting and dismantling restricted height scaffolding and carrying out leveling operations.
• Using a variety of carpentry tools such as saws, hammers, chisels, and circular and drive saws.
• Clearing work areas to ensure that no hazardous materials are present and that sites are ready on time.
Associate of Applied Science in Carpentry Technology
City College, Altoona, PA – 2020
ABC Company, Altoona, PA
• Assisted shop teacher in imparting carpentry instruction by providing support in creating and implementing shop lessons.
• Used carpentry tools and equipment to assist students in creating small works out of wood such as chairs and tables.
• Assisted in handling minor repairs around the school building such as repairing cupboards and lockers.
• Performed minor electrical repairs in and around the school to assist with overall maintenance and repair functions.
SPECIAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Site Safety
• Wood Shaping
• Damage Assessment
• Site Layout
• Concrete Mixing
• Building Codes
• Blueprint Reading
• Cabinet Making
REFERENCES Available on request