A hostess greets guests and patrons and escorts them to the tables. She supervises and synchronizes the activities of food and beverage servers.
They are usually employed by restaurants, resorts, hotel dining rooms, private clubs, cocktail lounges, and parallel establishments.
Purpose of writing a cover letter
The purpose of a hostess cover letter is to introduce yourself and to show a match between your qualifications and background to the position. In fact, your cover letter is an excellent opportunity for you to tell your capabilities in a few words.
Use a hostess cover letter;
- To grab the employer’s attention to the most important sections and statements of your resume.
- To explain how your skills and achievements as a hostess will be useful for the employer.
- To convey enthusiasm for obtaining the hostess position.
Tip: Write what you can perform for the growth of the prospective organization, instead of what you expect to receive from the employer.
The following cover letter for a Hostess Resume is being written in a way that will be helpful for both experienced applicants as well as fresh graduates/students or career changers with no experience in this field.
Feel free to customize the bullet statements of the second paragraph as per the employer’s requirements given in the job advertisement.
See also: Hostess Cover Letter No Experience
Sample Hostess Cover Letter
93 8th Street
Vancouver, WA 65288
February 21, 2020
Mr. John Davis,
Senior Manager (Personnel)
Red Lion Hotels
541 Some Street
Vancouver, WA 32874
Dear Mr. Davis:
It is with great interest and enthusiasm that I am sending my resume as a job application for the position of Hostess at the Red Lion Hotel. With my successful hospitality background, excellent customer service and bilingual skills, and hands-on experience in hostess and waitress capacities, I am confident I could make a real contribution to your hotel.
The different positions I have held in the past four years have given me many opportunities to develop the strengths you require, including:
- Highly skilled in receiving guests, recording reservations, and allocating tables per requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to greet guests at the way of the dining room and lounge, and guide them to the seating areas.
- Known to speak courteously with guests to ensure liking with food and service.
- Successful track record of serving food & beverages.
- Able to correctly calculate bills and take payments.
Furthermore, I have strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently as well as a part of the team. I believe this gives me the required qualifications to excel in the waitress role at your hotel. My enclosed resume details my attributes and core competencies.
I am eager to discuss your hostess position and to learn more about the Red Lion Hotel. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to meeting with you.
Skills to include in a hostess cover letter
In order to make your hostess cover letter more compelling, you may add some of the following skills:
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
- People Orientated
- Team Player