A hostess’s job is to coordinate activities in the dining room in a food service setting.
Hostesses ensure the provision of a fine dining experience to guests by making sure that all logistics are in order.
As the hostess position is very competitive, your resume is the only thing a hiring manager uses to decide if you are qualified for the job and an interview. It is also true when you have no work experience in hand.
Many hostess positions are entry-level or mid-career hospitality positions, so the only way to impress the employer is to write a functional or skills resume.
The following example will work for you even you don’t possess any prior work experience.
No Experience Hostess Resume Sample
6653 W Warlow Drive
Gillette, WY 77363
Looking for a position as a Hostess with ABC Restaurant, utilizing excellent hospitality skills and a natural ability to provide exceptional guest services.
• Highly skilled in greeting guests upon arrival and accompanying them to the seat.
• Profound ability to anticipate guests’ needs fulfill them immediately.
• substantial knowledge of monitoring restaurants’ free space in order to determine seating and dining flow.
• In-depth knowledge of the policies and procedures governing a safe working environment.
• Profound ability to communicate in English and Spanish.
High School Diploma
Gillette City School, Gillette, WY
CORE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Ability to be gracious to guests all time
• Understanding of delivering an excellent guest experience
• Excellent team player
• Able to work without supervision
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency and discipline
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to stand up and walk for long periods of time
• An active member of the anime and chess clubs
• Editor of the school magazine
• Solo vocalist of the school band
• Performed volunteer activities for the Habitat for Humanity
• Active fundraiser for various humanity organizations
Related: Hostess Cover Letter No Experience