The profession of Hostess is highly demanded in the USA, Canada, UK, and worldwide.
Hostesses are usually employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals, resorts, and other hospitality settings.
The duties of a hostess are challenging and require excellent organizational and customer service skills.
As this individual is the primary contact person for guests, they are accountable for maintaining an exceptional first impression.
Hostess Resume Writing Tips
❖ Emphasize your skills in taking reservations, organizing the dining area, and greeting and communicating all pertinent information to patrons and staff.
❖ Keep your resume short and to the point – no more than one page.
The following example will assist you in writing or updating your resume for a hostess position.
Also, use this Hostess Cover Letter to make a perfect job application.
Hostess Resume Sample
365 7th Ave, Olympic Valley, CA 65287
Poised to utilize exceptional hospitality and customer service skills to provide prompt and courteous service to the guests.
7+ years’ extensive experience working as a Hostess with renowned restaurants. Pleasant personality, courteous demeanor, and neat appearance. Excellent ability to provide accurate service and information to guests. Outstanding telephone etiquette and ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Actively communicate with kitchen staff and coworkers
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Handle waiting list of guests
- Greet and interact with guests in a professional manner
- Answer telephone and books reservations
- Reorganized serving methods which improved delivery time and guest’s satisfaction by 30%
- Improved the interior design of seating area which increased customer retention ratio by 20%
DESTINATION RESORTS – Olympic Valley, CA
May 2019 – Present
- Warmly greet guests and assist them in finding the table of their choice
- Present menu and inform guests about exclusive deals of the day
- Organize wait-list, relay orders to the kitchen staff using POS and oversee activities of servers
- Ensure that requirements for all guests including small children, disabled or food allergic persons are met
- Oversee and maintain the reception area
- Create new settings as per requirements and clear previous settings if not needed
- Ensure professional departure of guests and invite to visit again
MARRIOTT CLUB – Olympic Valley, CA
Sep 2015 – May 2019
- Greeted and seated guests
- Monitored the flow of guests as per seating chart
- Provided quick and exact information and directions to guests
- Answered questions regarding the menu and services
- Ensured coverage of the hostess stand at all times
- Answered phones, took messages and made reservations
STARWOOD HOTEL, Inc – Houston, TX
Mar 2011 – Sep 2015
- Escorted guests to tables and assisted them with seating
- Anticipated the guests’ needs and personalized service
- Answered questions regarding menu items and dining experience
- Monitored reservations for VIPs and Special Guests
- Assisted in maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant
Associate’s Degree in Hospitality
HOUSTON CITY COLLEGE, Houston, TX – 2010