If you are a nursing student who aspires to obtain a CNA position, you must make sure that your resume speaks highly of you.
Even though you may not have experience at this point, you have to make a conscious effort to come out on top of things. That is, your profile as an individual should be impressive.
When writing a student CNA resume, you must tell the hiring manager how great a choice you will be.
This can be done through mention of your nursing training, or any nursing internship or position that you may have held.
It is important to realize that your professional profile (through your resume) must be well-placed for it to impress a hiring manager.
See also: Student CNA Cover Letter
Here is a sample:
Nursing Student CNA Resume
722 Peak Road, Seattle, WA 34754
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Highly skilled, resourceful, and industrious individual, with exceptional interest in contributing in a nursing capacity. Well-versed in providing tier 1 nursing care to patients. Familiar with handling the emergency situation through the implementation of CPR and First Aid.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Patient Assessment
• Vitals Recording
• Medication Administration
• Personal Care
• Patient Education
• Therapy Support
• Emergency Response
• Documentation & Recordkeeping
Associate of Science in Nursing Assistance
St. Bosco’s Nursing School, Seattle, WA – 2020
• Headed a team of nursing students aspiring to learn medical concepts as part of an intensive program.
• Represented the school at the Annual Nurses Contribution Fair, held in Washington City, WA in 2018.
• Consistently remained at the top of all courses, owing to exceptional academic acumen.
Havana Healthcare, Seattle, WA | 6/2019 – 8/2019
• Checked and recorded patients’ vitals such as temperature, pulse, and blood pressure.
• Completed patients’ charts.
• Provided personal assistance with grooming and dressing.
• Administered medication according to care plans.
• Monitored patients in order to ensure their health and wellbeing.
• Documented provided nursing care in the prescribed manner.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Awarded 1stprize in a writing competition, arranged as a tribute to the masters of the English language.
• Honored for contributing to the health and wellness of patients in a local hospice.
• Involved in the school writing, baseball, chess, and basketball clubs.
• Led a team of nursing students to provide assistance at the Sava Senior Care for 2 months.