A truck driver is responsible for transporting goods from one place to another using a truck or other heavy duty vehicle. You may find truck drivers in every industry as the need to carry merchandise is evident in every type of company.
Truck drivers are expected to perform inspections on their vehicles to ensure that they are safe to drive and are fueled appropriately and that there are no malfunctions. They are also responsible for ensuring preventative and regular maintenance on the trucks that they intend to drive for an assignment.
Truck drivers also ensure that the cargo that they will be carrying is loaded correctly and that all documentation is accurate and complete.
Because of the lack of experience, building an entry level resume for a truck driver position is somewhat confusing. However, experience should not pose as a hindrance in writing a good resume. The transferable skills gained from non-relevant experiences and a license can help candidate creating an impressionable resume.
If you possess a high school diploma, at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license, you can become a good Truck Driver. Use the following resume sample to build a functional resume.
Entry Level Truck Driver Resume Sample (No Experience)
400 Hawk Road ● Concordia, KS 64000 ● (999) 002-9999 ● Email
• CDL Class A
• Willing to get hazmat endorsement
• Thorough understanding of driving different kinds of trucks
Exceptional talent for performing periodic preventative and regular maintenance checks on assigned trucks
• Well versed in using GPS and maps to chart out time and cost-efficient routes for delivery purposes
• Able to drive vehicles safely during hazardous weather conditions
• Knowledge of operating single axle trucks
• Exceptional work ethics
• Articulate and alert
• Ability to drive calmly during unforeseen situations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Acute stress and time management skills
• Quick decision making skills
Worked as a messenger for the school office | Summer 2011
• Took messages and delivered to correct recipients.
• Attended telephone calls and provided relevant information.
• Procured and picked up office supplies from vendors.
• Ensured proper upkeep of inventory and supplies.
• Volunteered services for the Kansas State Hospital during Christmas holidays of 2009 and 2012
• Provided volunteer services for the SOS Children’s Village on an as an when basis
• Worked as a volunteer helper with Association for Care of Abandoned Animals (ACAA)
Diploma: Concordia Public School, Concordia, KS – 2012