A functional or skills-based resume for a certified nursing assistant emphasizes on transferable skills and relevant abilities of a candidate.
This format is used to tell an employer about all the nursing assistance tasks you can perform; skills and expertise that will make an impact on an employer to call you an interview!
No matter you have practical experiences or not?
The thing which actually matters is what you can bring to the potential healthcare facility to increase its efficiency.
This is the philosophy behind the functional or skills resume for a certified nursing assistant.
A CNA skills resume will be effective for:
1. CNA Students with no experience in hand
2. Entry level nursing assistants with very little work experience
3. Candidates who want to change their career path
4. Those who are re-entering in professional life
Since this is a position of high responsibility, a candidate needs to ensure that all of his qualifications are highlighted in a manner that tells a prospective employer that he or she is the right person to hire.
Take a look at the following example of skills-based resume for a CNA to get a clear idea.
Related: CNA Cover Letter Sample
CNA Skills Resume Sample
15 Example Street
Houston, TX 53221
mary @ email . com
Highly-motivated and enthusiastic Certified Nursing Assistant seeking a position with the Family Health Center utilizing exceptional nursing assistance skills to provide quality health care to patients.
• Over 1 year of hands-on experience as a Nursing Assistant
• State of Texas C.N.A License
• First Aid and CPR Certified
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Computer: MS Word and Excel
|• Patient grooming
• Vital signs
• Record maintenance
• Empathy / compassion
• Patient education
|• Patient cleaning
• Injection (IV and IM)
• Care documentation
• Time management
• Personal hygiene
Certified Nursing Assistant
Houston Family Health – Houston, TX | Dec 2018 – Present
• Oversee basic and specific patient care
• Supervise and assist patients with self-cleaning and grooming in keeping with hygienic practices
• Take vitals and record changes in patient condition
• Clean and care for patient space
• Implemented self-developed training procedures for new employees in order to ensure a quick but thorough training
• Attained Best Nursing Assistant of the Month Award in March 2019
ABC Clinic – Austin, TX | May 2018 – Dec 2018
• Changed dressings
• Administered enema
• Collected specimens for testing purposes
• Communicated all changes in patient health and progress to head nurse
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Nurse Aide Training
Houston Nursing College – Houston, TX – 2018
Texas State Certified Nursing Assistant