If you are seeking a career in the healthcare industry, then a certified nursing assistant (CNA) will be the best position for you.
In order to apply for an entry level CNA job, you will need to craft a compelling resume and cover letter.
Entry Level CNA Resume Writing Tips
• Secondly, give the details of your education and certification.
• Thirdly, mention your most relevant skills and knowledge gained through education and real-life experiences.
• Equally important, write your honorary or internship experiences using strong yet short bullet points.
• Use simple words as well as short phrases – this point often overlooked.
• Another thing to remember – avoid duplication of information.
• Above all, show your energy and enthusiasm to work in the healthcare industry.
The following entry level CNA resume samples will definitely guide you in this regard.
See also: CNA Cover Letter No Experience
Entry Level CNA Resume Sample 1
|333 East Street
Houston, TX 36999
|Cellular: (000) 529-5124
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Strong passion for helping others.
Fresh and enthusiastic Certified Nursing Assistant eager to work for ABC Healthcare where exceptional personal care skills and knowledge will be fully utilized to provide quality services to patients.
• Over six months of experience working as a nursing assistant extern
• Familiar with medical terminology as well as disease control standards
• Competent in taking and recording vital signs
• Able to maintain a neat and organized patient room
• Adept at assisting residents in activities of daily living including feeding and bathing
• Proven ability to record and report patients’ condition
Nursing Assistant Certification
Texas Board of Nurse Registry – 2017
Nurse Aide Program – 60 Hours
Austin Community College, Austin, TX – 2017
• Patient Care Theory
• Skills Lab
• Long-Term Care
• Acute Clinical Care
Nursing Aide Extern
Mount Loreto Nursing Home, Houston, TX Jan 2018 – Present
• Provide personal care following resident care policies
• Create a homelike environment for the residents
• Protect and support resident rights
• Assist the clients in maintaining independence
• Obtain samples, weights, and vital signs of patients
• Oversee injections and medicinal intake
• Assist residents with bathing and feeding
• Report to the RN and doctors regarding the status of the patient
• Maintain a neat and clean ward environment
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
• Proven record of maintaining general precautionary protocols
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Able to utilize body mechanics in an efficient manner
Entry Level CNA Resume No Experience (Sample 2)
45 Yardley Lane, Foster, RI 56220
Certified Nursing Assistant
Compassionate and dependable, eager to assist the elderly and physically challenged individuals.
• Proven expertise in providing daily living assistance to patients of different ages.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients.
• Able to comply with clients’ confidentiality and privacy standards.
• A vigilant professional who has useful progress monitoring skills.
• Substantial knowledge of medical terminology and infection control procedures.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
AA College, Foster, RI | 2018
Associate of Science in Nursing Assistance
Rhode Island Certified Nursing Assistant – Current
American Heart Association, Foster, RI | 2018
CPR and First Aid
City Assisted Living Center, Foster, RI | Summer 2018
• Provided personal care to clients in order to enable them to live a dignified life
• Took and recorded vital signs, and prepared reports as well
• Created a safe and healthy living environment for clients
• Assisted in cooking, serving and feeding of meals
• Obtained specimens for lab testing
• Changed linens and clean room so as to keep the room organized
• Assisted residents in transportation
Group Volunteer: Foster Cancer Center, Foster, RI
Coach: City Volleyball Club, Foster, RI
“I am determined to promote clients’ comfort and safety.”
Superior references available
How to Become an Entry Level CNA
If you want to become a Certified nursing assistant, then you will need to obtain the required knowledge and skills, in addition to a CNA certification.
You can do so by enrolling in the educational programs offered by different high schools, technical colleges, and healthcare organizations.
Your training will consist of classroom instruction and clinical practices together with on-the-job training.
To summarize, you will need to emphasize your resume writing skills in order to apply for your first CNA job.
See different entry level CNA resume samples on the internet in order to get a better idea on how to write your resume.
Last updated on