If you think about taking care of elderly, ill and disabled people, and would like an opportunity to have a career in the healthcare industry, then a certified nursing assistant (CNA) is the best profession for you.
To apply for an entry-level CNA job, you will need to craft a compelling resume and cover letter. The following are guidance and samples in this regard.
Entry Level CNA Resume Tips
• Identify and mention your most relevant skills and competencies gained through education and real-life experiences.
• Start writing your resume with an employer-centered summary or objective statement that genuinely reflects your value.
• Write your relevant qualifications and strengths using strong yet short bullet points.
• Use simple words and phrases.
• Avoid duplication of information.
The following entry-level CNA resume samples focus on primary attributes of a job seeker. Portray your qualifications, specific skills, certifications and internship experience with the help of these samples.
See also: CNA Cover Letter (No Experience)
Entry Level CNA Resume Sample 1
|333 East Street|
Houston, TX 36999
|Cellular: (000) 529-5124|
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Strong passion for helping others.
Fresh and enthusiastic Certified Nursing Assistant eager to work for ABC Healthcare where exceptional personal care skills and knowledge will be fully utilized to provide quality services to patients.
• Over six months’ experience working as a nursing assistant extern
• Familiar with medical terminology and disease control standards
• Competent in taking and recording vitals
• Able to maintain a neat and organized patient room
• Adept at assisting residents in activities of daily living including feeding and bathing
• Proven ability to report and record patients’ condition
Texas Board of Nurse Registry – 2016
Nursing Assistant Certification
Austin Community College, Austin, TX – 2017
Nurse Aide Program – 60 Hours
• Patient Care Theory
• Skills Lab
• Long-Term Care
• Acute Clinical Care
Mount Loreto Nursing Home, Houston, TX | Jan 2018 – Present
Nursing Aide Extern
• Provide personal care following resident care policies and procedures under the supervision of RN
• Create a homelike environment for the residents
• Protect and support resident rights and assist the individuals in maintaining independence
• Obtain samples, weights, and vital signs of patients
• Oversee injections and medicinal intake
• Assist residents with bathing and feeding
• Report to the RN and doctors regarding the status of the patient
• Maintain a neat and clean ward environment
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
• Proven record of maintaining general precautionary protocols
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Able to utilize body mechanics in an efficient manner
Entry Level CNA Resume Sample 2
45 Yardley Lane • Foster, RI 56220 • (008) 854-8974 • [Email]
Certified Nursing Assistant
Compassionate, dependable professional eager to assist the elderly and physically challenged individuals and enable them to live dignified lives.
• Proven expertise in providing daily living assistance to patients of different ages.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients.
• Able to comply with clients’ confidentiality and privacy standards.
• A vigilant professional who has useful progress monitoring skills.
• Substantial knowledge of medical terminology and infection control procedures.
AA College, Foster, RI | 2015
Associate of Science in Nursing Assistance
Rhode Island Certified Nursing Assistant – Current
American Heart Association, Foster, RI | 2014
CPR and First Aid
City Assisted Living Center, Foster, RI | Summer 2017
• Provided personal care to clients
• Took and recorded vital signs, and prepared reports
• Created a safe and healthy living environment for clients
• Assisted in cooking, serving and feeding of meals
• Obtained specimens for lab testing
• Changed linens
• Assisted residents in transportation
Group Volunteer: Foster Cancer Center, Foster, RI
Coach: City Volleyball Club, Foster, RI
“I am determined to promote clients’ comfort and safety.”
Superior references available
How to Become an Entry Level CNA
If you want to get the knowledge, skills, and certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant, you can do so by participating in the educational programs offered by different high schools, technical colleges, and healthcare organizations. Your training will consist of classroom instruction, clinical practices and on-the-job, supervised training.
Last updated on