If you are seeking a rewarding career in the healthcare industry, then a certified nursing assistant (CNA) position will be the best choice for you.
In order to apply for an entry-level CNA job, you will need to craft a compelling resume and cover letter.
The following guidelines and the sample resume will help you in writing a compelling resume if you have no experience in hand.
How to Write a Winning Entry Level Resume for CNA? 8 Tips
- Start your resume either with a CNA summary or CNA objective statement.
- Give details about your education and certification.
- Mention your CNA skills and knowledge obtained through education and real-life experiences.
- Write your honorary or internship experiences using strong yet short bullet points.
- Use simple words and short phrases.
- Avoid duplication of information.
- Show your energy and enthusiasm to work for the employer.
- Add an entry-level CNA Cover Letter, with No Experience, along with your job application documents.
Entry Level CNA Resume Sample 1
333 East Street, Houston, TX 36999
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Bringing a strong passion for helping others.
Highly motivated and enthusiastic Certified Nursing Assistant, eager to work for ABC Healthcare. Exceptional personal care skills to provide assistance to residents in the activities of daily living.
• 6+ months’ externship experience working as a nursing assistant.
• Familiar with medical terminology and infection control procedures.
• Competent at taking and recording vital signs.
• Able to maintain a neat and clean patient room.
• Adept at assisting residents in the activities of daily living, such as feeding, grooming, and bathing.
• Proven ability to record and report patients’ conditions.
• In-depth knowledge of dementia, parkinson, alzheimer, and other conditions.
Nursing Assistant Certification
Texas Board of Nurse Registry – 2019
Nurse Aide Program – 60 Hours
Austin Community College, Austin, TX – 2019
• Patient Care Theory
• Skills Lab
• Long-Term Car
• Acute Clinical Care
Nursing Assistant Extern
Mount Loreto Nursing Home, Houston, TX
Jan 2020 – Present
• Provide personal care following resident care policies
• Create a homelike environment for the residents
• Protect and support resident rights
• Assist the clients in maintaining independence
• Obtain samples, weights, and vital signs of patients
Sinai Hospital, Houston, TX
Sep 2019 – Jan 2020
• Obtained knowledge of injections and medicine intake
• Assisted residents with bathing and feeding
• Reported to the RN and doctors regarding the status of the patient
• Maintained a neat and clean ward environment
• Changed patients’ position to aviod bedsores
• Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
• Proven record of maintaining general precautionary protocols
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Able to utilize body mechanics in an efficient manner
CNA Resume With No Experience (Sample 2)
45 Yardley Lane, Foster, RI 56220
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Compassionate and dependable. Strong passion to assist the elderly and physically challenged individuals.
• Skilled in providing daily living assistance to patients of different ages.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients.
• Able to maintain clients’ confidentiality and privacy standards.
• A vigilant professional who has useful progress monitoring skills.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and infection control procedures.
Rhode Island Certified Nursing Assistant – Current
CPR and First Aid
American Heart Association, Foster, RI | 2019
Associate of Science in Nursing Assisting
Foster Community College, Foster, RI | 2019
Volunteer Care Worker
City Assisted Living Center, Foster, RI
• Offered exceptional personal care to 20+ clients in order to enable them to live a dignified life
• Took and recorded vital signs, and prepared reports
• Created a safe and healthy living environment for clients
• Assisted in cooking, serving and feeding of meals
• Obtained specimens for lab testing
• Changed linens and clean room so as to keep the room organized
• Assisted residents in transportation
Group Volunteer: Foster Cancer Center, Foster, RI
Coach: City Volleyball Club, Foster, RI
“I am determined to promote clients’ comfort and safety.”
Superior references available
How to Become an Entry Level CNA?
If you want to become a certified nursing assistant, you will need to obtain a CNA certification, in addition to the required knowledge and skills.
You can do so by enrolling in the educational programs offered by different high schools, technical colleges, and healthcare organizations.
Your training will consist of classroom instruction and clinical practices, along with on-the-job training.
To summarize, you will need to emphasize your skills and knowledge in your resume to apply for your first CNA job.
See different entry-level CNA resume samples with No Experience in order to get a better idea of how to write your resume.
Additionally, be prepared for a CNA interview. Our CNA Interview Questions and Answers will guide you in this regard.