If you are seeking to start a rewarding career in the healthcare field, a certified nursing assistant (CNA) position will be the best choice for you.
In order to apply for an entry-level CNA job, you will need to craft a compelling resume, as well as a cover letter.
The following guidelines and 2 resume samples will help you in writing a compelling resume if you have no experience in hand.
How to Write a Professional Resume for CNA With No Experience?
In order to write a compelling resume as a new CNA, follow these 8 tips.
- Start your resume with a CNA objective statement.
- Give details about your education and certification.
- Mention your skills and knowledge gained through education and real-life experiences.
- Write about your volunteer or internship experiences by using strong yet short bullet points.
- Use simple words and short phrases.
- Avoid duplication of information.
- Show your energy and enthusiasm to work for the employer.
- Send an entry-level CNA Cover Letter with No Experience, along with your job application documents.
CNA With No Experience Resume Sample 1
333 East Street
Houston, TX 36999
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Strong passion for helping others.
Highly motivated and enthusiastic Certified Nursing Assistant eager to work for ABC Healthcare. Bringing exceptional personal care skills to assist residents in the activities of daily living. CPR and BLS certified. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Nursing Assistant Certification
Texas Board of Nurse Registry – 2022
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ months’ externship experience in assisting residents in the activities of daily living, such as feeding, grooming, and bathing.
- Familiar with medical terminology and infection control procedures.
- Competent at taking and recording vital signs.
- Able to maintain a neat and clean patient room.
- Proven ability to observe and report patients’ conditions.
- In-depth knowledge of Dementia, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and other conditions.
Nurse Aide Program
Austin Community College, Austin, TX – 2022
- Patient Care Theory
- Skills Lab
- Long-Term Care
- Acute Clinical Care
INTERNSHIP & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Nursing Assistant Extern
Mount Loreto Nursing Home, Houston, TX
May 2022 – Present
- Provide personal care following resident care policies
- Create a homelike environment for the residents
- Protect and support resident rights
- Assist the clients in maintaining independence
- Obtain samples, weights, and vital signs of patients
Sinai Hospital, Houston, TX
Jan 2022 – May 2022
- Obtained knowledge of injections and medicine intake
- Assisted residents with bathing and feeding
- Reported to the RN and doctors regarding the status of the patient
- Maintained a neat and clean ward environment
- Changed patients’ positions to avoid bedsores
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
- Proven record of maintaining general precautionary protocols
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Able to utilize body mechanics in an efficient manner
Entry Level Certified Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 2
45 Yardley Lane
Foster, RI 56220
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Strong passion to assist older adults and people with physical challenges.
- Compassionate and dependable CNA with in-depth knowledge of providing daily living assistance to patients of different ages.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Able to maintain clients’ confidentiality and privacy.
- A vigilant professional who has useful progress monitoring skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and infection control procedures.
Rhode Island Certified Nursing Assistant – Current
CPR and First Aid
American Heart Association, Foster, RI | 2022
Associate of Science in Nursing Assisting
Foster Community College, Foster, RI | 2022
Volunteer Care Worker
City Assisted Living Center, Foster, RI
May 2022 – Dec 2022
- Offered exceptional personal care to 20+ clients in order to enable them to live a dignified life
- Took and recorded vital signs and prepared reports
- Created a safe and healthy living environment for clients
- Assisted in meal cooking, as well as serving and feeding
- Obtained specimens for lab testing
- Changed linens and cleaned room so as to keep the room organized
- Assisted residents in transportation
Group Volunteer: Foster Cancer Center, Foster, RI
Coach: City Volleyball Club, Foster, RI
“I am determined to promote clients’ comfort and safety.”
Superior references available
How to Become an Entry-Level CNA?
If you want to become a certified nursing assistant, you will need to obtain a CNA certification, in addition to the required knowledge and skills.
You can do so by enrolling in the educational programs offered by different high schools, technical colleges, and healthcare organizations.
In order to write a great resume to apply for your first CNA job, you will need to emphasize your skills and knowledge.
Study different entry-level CNA resume samples with no experience in order to get a better idea of how to write your resume.
Additionally, be prepared for a CNA interview. Our CNA Interview Questions and Answers will guide you in this regard.