There are many factors involved in writing an effective resume for a certified nursing assistant position in the year 2023. For this reason, many people seek guidance online for a CNA resume sample.
How to Write a Good Resume for CNA Job in 2023?
Whether you are an applicant for a job or a professional resume writer, see the following tips to write a compelling CNA Resume in 2023.
- Write your resume only on one page using bullet points to pique the interest of the hiring manager.
- Include your relevant experiences, skills, and education.
- Be confident and clear.
- Don’t use colorful fonts, pictures, or borders on a CNA resume.
Related: CNA Cover Letter
Take a look at the following CNA resume sample in order to get a better idea of how to write your CNA resume in the year 2023.
CNA Resume Sample for 2023
Waukee, IA 66912
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Vital Signs | ADLs | Acute Care | Patient Education
• Compassionate CNA with 11+ years’ successful track record as a certified nursing assistant.
• Well-versed in supporting clients, residents, and patients in personal hygiene and daily living.
• Demonstrated ability to provide patients and residents with individualized attention, attaining the highest level of physical and mental well-being.
• Special talent for providing correlating physical and emotional support.
• Known to maintain patients’ comfort, privacy, and dignity.
Iowa State Certified Nursing Assistant
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Vital Signs • Dietary Care
• Bedside-Care • Infection Control
• Meal Preparation • Dressings Change
• Catheter Care • Ambulation Support
• Medical Terminology • Medication Administration
• Emotional Support • Pain Management
Certified Nursing Assistant
Stony Brook Clinic, Waukee, IA
6/2018 – Present
• Suggested improvement in the personal care plans, which resulted in the fast recovery of patients
• Conducted 13 workshops on health promotion as part of the induction process for new CNAs
• Provide effective bedside care to 10+ patients per shift, such as changing, washing, bathing, and grooming
• Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of residents
• Ensure complete confidentiality in handling their personal needs
• Administer medications and provide reminders for oral medication
• Cook meals in keeping with each patient’s individual nutritional needs
Certified Nursing Assistant
Community Hospital, Waukee, IA
5/2013 – 6/2014
• Provided support for body alignment and positioning
• Assisted patients with a range of motion exercises
• Assisted with catheters and enemas according to the prescribed plan of care
• Monitored and recorded blood pressure, respiration, pulse, and temperature
• Changed dressings and cleaned wounds
• Provided support with extended therapeutic services
• Ensured the constant availability of medical supplies and equipment
• Maintained patients’ records
• Wrote progress reports in a confidential manner
Sharp Healthcare, Waukee, IA
1/2012 – 5/2013
• Provided patients with bedside care such as positioning, lifting, and turning
• Performed grooming, washing, bathing, and dressing tasks
• Changed linen and made beds, ensuring the cleanliness of rooms
• Assisted patients in drinking and eating
• Observed patients for signs of distress or change in condition
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Assisting
Iowa Nursing College, Waukee, IA – 2011
• Body mechanics
• Medical ethics and professional conduct
• Patient communication
• Basic bedside care
• Nutritional intake
BLS and CPR (American Heart Association)
CNA Position Requirements
In order to build a good resume for a certified nursing assistant position, you have to make sure that you fulfill the general requirements such as:
✓ Successful completion of a CNA program
✓ Current State Certification
✓ Good standing with State Registry
✓ Ability to work in a multicultural team-oriented environment
- Certified Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Sample CNA Resume With No Experience
- CNA Interview
- Entry Level CNA Cover Letter (No Experience)