Entry-level resumes for help desk positions are a bit more difficult to craft as compared to resumes for experienced job seekers.
This is because an entry-level candidate might not have much experience to impress the hiring manager.
The solution to this situation is to make most of the skills you have!
A functional or skills-based format is just what you need in such a situation.
If you are a new graduate, it is recommended to begin your resume with an employer-focused objective statement instead of a summary.
Following is a sample entry-level help desk resume for a candidate who has no experience in hand.
Sample Entry Level Help Desk No Experience Resume
55 Drawbridge Sq, Tampa, FL 98774
tim.gary @ email . com
Resourceful and diligent IT graduate seeking work as a Help Desk Assistant at the MGT. Offering skills in technical support, software troubleshooting, and installation along with 3+ months of hands-on experience as a help desk intern. Keen eye on the latest developments in technology and current software to assist end-users efficiently.
BS Degree in Information Technology
Central State University, Tampa, FL | 2021
- Dean’s List – 2020
- Designed and developed a whole new, fully functional photo editing android application corresponding to a PC software labeled ‘Picasa’ as part of a research project during BS.
- Languages: C++, Java, HTML, XML
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Macintosh, Linux
- Networking: WAN, LAN, IP, VPN
- Software: MS Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Flash Player, and accessories
- Antivirus: Norton antivirus and malware removal
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in software installation and functioning.
- Skilled in setting up local and third-party networks, and installing new internet WIFI, Ethernet, and DSL connections.
- Proficient in the installation of relevant software when installing a new hardware device.
- Well-versed in setting up multimedia screens and equipment for enlarged displays and presentations.
- Familiar with android tablets, developing, downloading, and managing applications for the same.
- Competent at handling firewall and malware issues.
- Proficient in formatting PCs and retrieving accidentally deleted data from the system when needed.
Help Desk Intern
Avaya Technologies, Tampa, FL
Jan 2022 – May 2022
- Set up a mini LAN and managed wiring, device placements, and installations singlehandedly
- Troubleshoot serious problems on six PCs
- Installed anti-malware
- Assisted in the retrieval of valuable data
Excellent references available