A teacher assistant is responsible for assisting the lead teacher while providing a warm and promoting classroom environment in which students can grow physically, emotionally, and mentally.
In order to apply for a teacher assistant job, a job seeker will need a resume and a cover letter.
A well formatted and customized teacher assistant resume can help you come on the top of the pile.
When writing a teaching assistant resume, numerous factors must be taken into account.
School officials seek candidates with some experience, teaching assistance skills and have a genuine interest in childhood development.
Therefore, you have to mention in your resume that you are enthusiastic about imparting education, and your qualities and traits accurately match the demands of the employer.
Teacher Assistant Resume Sample
58 6th Street | Ashburn, VA | (000) 528-7633
Student-focused and dedicated Teacher Assistant with 7+ years of experience in providing practical assistance to lead teachers. Committed to the total development of children of different socio-economic backgrounds. Demonstrated skills in classroom management and discipline implementation. Well-versed in performing all kinds of clerical and secretarial tasks. Paraprofessional certified.
• Proven ability to communicate with students and parents positively.
• Substantial knowledge of child growth/development and behavior characteristics.
• Strong willingness to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Computer: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
Loudoun County Public Schools – Ashburn, VA | Mar 2013 – Present
• Assist lead teacher in conducting increased learning experience for students in the assigned area
• Perform a variety of non-instructional duties
• Tutor students independently or in small groups
• Administer students’ arrival and departure time
• Carry out supportive and clerical tasks
• Maintain discipline of students in the absence of the teacher
• Prepare instructional materials and classroom displays
• Maintained a neat and arranged classroom environment
• Reinforced and followed-up learning activities
Kamehameha Schools – Ashburn, VA | May 2012 – Mar2013
• Maintained clerical records and arranged required reports
• Copied, organized, and filed materials for distribution to students
• Helped with the care of classroom equipment
• Kept the teacher informed of particular requirements or problems of individual students
• Took part in staff-development training programs
• Decorated the classroom for special events
Associate of Science in Education
Ashburn City College, Ashburn, VA – 2011
Major: Early Childhood Education
• Experience working with elementary aged students
• Excellent supervisory skills for lunch and recess duty
• Knowledge of best teaching practices
• Ability to work separately and as part of a team