A teacher assistant is responsible for assisting the lead teacher while providing a warm and promoting classroom environment in which students can grow physically, emotionally, and mentally.
In order to apply for a teacher assistant job, a job seeker will need a resume and a cover letter.
A well-formatted and customized teacher assistant resume can help you come to the top of the pile.
When writing a teaching assistant resume, numerous factors must be taken into account.
School officials seek candidates with some experience, teaching assistance skills and have a genuine interest in childhood development.
Therefore, you have to mention in your resume that you are enthusiastic about imparting education, and your qualities and traits accurately match the demands of the employer.
Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 1
7+ Years Experience
[email protected] email. com
58 6th Street, Ashburn, VA
Student-focused and dedicated Teacher Assistant with 7+ years of experience in providing practical assistance to lead teachers. Committed to the total development of children of different socio-economic backgrounds. Demonstrated skills in classroom management and discipline implementation. Well-versed in performing all kinds of clerical and secretarial tasks. Paraprofessional certified.
- Proven ability to communicate with students and parents positively.
- Substantial knowledge of child growth/development and behavior characteristics.
- Strong willingness to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Computer: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
Loudoun County Public Schools – Ashburn, VA
Mar 2016 – Present
- Assist lead teacher in conducting increased learning experience for students in the assigned area
- Perform a variety of non-instructional duties
- Tutor students independently or in small groups
- Administer students’ arrival and departure time
- Carry out supportive and clerical tasks
- Maintain discipline of students in the absence of the teacher
- Prepare instructional materials and classroom displays
• Maintained a neat and arranged classroom environment
• Reinforced and followed-up learning activities
Kamehameha Schools – Ashburn, VA
May 2012 – Mar 2016
- Maintained clerical records and arranged required reports
- Copied, organized, and filed materials for distribution to students
- Helped with the care of classroom equipment
- Kept the teacher informed of particular requirements or problems of individual students
- Took part in staff-development training programs
- Decorated the classroom for special events
Associate of Science in Education
Ashburn City College, Ashburn, VA – 2011
Major: Early Childhood Education
- Experience working with elementary-age students
- Excellent supervisory skills for lunch and recess duty
- Knowledge of best teaching practices
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 2
3+ Years Experience
541 Ivy Lane, Irvine, CA 83832
A dedicated and prudent educational professional working in the capacity of teacher’s assistant for 3+ years. Strong expertise in classroom management, task allocation, and lunchtime supervision. Particularly effective in facilitating the lead teacher in the conduction of learning-supportive activities in the classroom and collaborating with the parents regarding the same.
- Tutored students in small groups and elevated their grades up to 80%.
- Identified a dyslexic child and immediately offered the needed guidance resulting in 60% grade improvement and 100% enhancement of social skills.
- Developed and streamlined the classroom activity calendar in 2018.
- Earned the most responsible aide award in 2019.
– AV aids set up
– Lesson Planning
– Portfolio Maintenance
– Special Needs Facilitation
– Activity Planning
– Community-Based Learning
– Parents Meetings
– Psychosocial Growth
– Technology Integration
LITTLE ANGELS, Irvine, CA | 2019 – Present
- Coordinate with parents in PTMs onside teacher regarding student’s progress
- Suggest activities to support concept building
- Help in maintaining the classroom in a neat and clean condition
- Assist in planning and organization of school and community events including annual parent days, bake sales and other co-curricular activities
SEEK SCHOOL, Irvine, CA | 2017 – 2019
- Assisted the lead teacher in classroom management and administrative tasks
- Checked notebook assignments and maintained individual progress charts for each student
- Filled in and implemented the lesson plan in the absence of the lead teacher
- Facilitated the process of learning for mainstreamed special needs children
Associate’s Degree in Education
Irvine Technical College, Irvine, CA
• Bilingual: Fluent in English, Spanish
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Recommended: Teacher Assistant Resume No Experience