A Teacher Assistant Cover Letter is a specialized business letter that serves as your first introduction to the employer.
The function of the cover letter is to communicate your potential worth to the employer in a tailored message.
A good cover letter for a Teacher Assistant position relates your teacher assistant skills to the employer’s needs while encouraging the hiring manager to learn more about you through the attached resume. And eventually, invite you for an interview.
What are Different Types of a Teacher Assistant Cover Letter?
There are two types of cover letters for teacher assistants:
1. A letter of application, written in reply to an advertised opening.
2. A teacher assistant letter of interest, written to show your interests and qualifications as they relate to the employer’s requirements and potential job openings.
The following is a sample cover letter for a Teacher Assistant Resume which is written in response to an advertised position.
Sample Cover Letter for Teacher Assistant Position
98 Wales Street
Washington, DC 65998
April 18, 2021
Mr. Michael Smith
PO Box 65
Washington, DC 14552
Dear Mr. Smith:
I am writing to apply for the Assistant Teacher position at Washington School, as advertised on indeed.com. It will be a great pleasure for me to share my teaching assistance expertise and knowledge with your institute to contribute to your success. My student management and clerical skills would enable me to manage the classroom effectively.
Throughout my professional career, I worked with both Middle and High school students. My diverse skills to teach and help students in their academics, as well as social life, would enable my students to become a valuable component of society.
Particularly, I am highly skilled in:
• Assisting the lead teacher in the supervision of students’ arrival and departure times.
• Performing secretarial and record-keeping tasks.
• Helping teachers and students in achieving the objectives of the curriculum or activities.
• Maintaining the discipline of the classroom in the absence of the teacher.
Moreover, I am fully aware of all new technologies used in the process of teaching and an expert in using MS Word, Office, Excel, and all kinds of computer-related work. I am quite suitable to work in a group or independently because I have a patient and friendly nature and enjoy working in a team.
I am interested in taking on new challenges as an educationalist and would welcome a personal meeting to discuss this teaching assistant position in more detail. I will contact your office next week to set up an interview. Meanwhile, I can be reached at (000) 874-5214.
Thank you for your time and consideration. My resume is attached for your perusal.
- Teacher Assistant Cover Letter No Experience
- Teacher Assistant Resume No Experience
- Paraprofessional Cover Letter
- Teacher Assistant Interview