The role of assistant teachers in the classroom is vital because they provide the lead teacher with extra hands, as well as assist them in the development of the students.
For that reason, your resume should reflect your aptitude to work with children and collaborate with the teacher and other staff.
Your previous involvements and work experiences in the preschool environment are the most crucial part of your resume.
The following sample resume for the position of Preschool Assistant Teacher will guide you in this regard.
See also: Preschool Assistant Teacher Resume
Sample Resume for Preschool Teacher Assistant Position
27 New Ave, Newark, NJ 07871
caroline52 @ email .com
PRESCHOOL TEACHER ASSISTANT
Teaching Assisting / Classroom Management / Secretarial Work
Dedicated and friendly Teaching Assistant with 9+ years of experience in helping lead teachers in classroom management and secretarial tasks. Exceptional track record of planning and implementing quality early age curriculum. Known for providing one-on-one behavior support and age-appropriate activities to children. Profound ability to maintain assessments, classroom management, parent communication boards, and reports per directives.
• Lesson Planning
• Secretarial Work
• Child Safety
• Classroom Management
• One-on-one support
• Parent Communications
• Report writing
• Curriculum Development
• Activity Development
• Record Keeping
• Classroom Cleanliness
- Assisted Lead Teacher with lesson planning and implementation of NIC early age curriculum, increasing children’s learning efficiency by 50%.
- Introduced a new educational setting that incorporated individual students’ learning, resulting in 90% recognition of diversity.
- Provided age-appropriate activities that encouraged exploration and development of social, problem-solving, and thinking skills, leading to an 80% increase in children’s participation.
- Maintained and supervised a safe classroom environment, leading to a 100% trust of parents.
- Identified potential hazards in the classroom and resolved conflicts by promoting positive behavior at all times.
Preschool Assistant Teacher
Oak Tree Preschool, Newark, NJ
2/2014 – Present
- Plan and implement programs that meet the physical, emotional, social, and educational needs of the children.
- Assist lead teacher in developing general learning activities in the classroom.
- Maintain a record of class assessments and events as well as preparing children’s academic reports for parents.
- Liaise with the staff, parents, and professionals.
- Develop children’s social skills within and outside the classroom.
- Identify and monitor the general health and welfare of children.
Newark Preschool Council Inc., Newark, NJ
3/2012 – 12/2013
- Marked children’s assessments under the direction of the lead teacher.
- Prepared class lessons and activities in advance.
- Organized weekly and monthly activity schedules and reports.
- Assisted lead teacher in communicating progress and problems with parents.
- Provided children with activity equipment and encouraged participation.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Advanced Child Care Training
American Red Cross, Newark, NJ | 2012
B.S., Early Childhood Education
Community College, Branchburg, NJ | 2012
- MS Word and Excel
- Internet, Email and Social Media