Teaching assistants are essential in classrooms.
They offer teachers an additional set of hands by helping them to focus on the development of students.
Also, they help lead teachers to perform lesson plans and give extra tutoring and support to individual students who require it.
Writing an effective resume for teacher assistant or paraeducator (with no prior experience) is tricky.
In order to craft a workable resume for an entry-level teacher, you will need to mention your relevant education, transferable teaching assistant skills, and strengths, as well as your enthusiasm to work with children.
The following are some tips along with a sample resume of teacher assistant with no experience in hand.
How to Write a Teacher Assistant Resume with No Experience?
- Include a teacher assistant objective statement
- Focus on your skills
- Mention any volunteer or summer positions working with children and
- Add any formal education you have had in child development
- Emphasize your language, and computer skills as bilingual teacher assistants with excellent computer skills are in high demand
Teacher Assistant Resume No Experience
|SARA SMITH||22 Mill Street, Milwaukee, WI 54774
Seeking a position as a teacher assistant at Milwaukee Education Center where clerical expertise and a strong commitment to the total development of children will be fully utilized.
- Highly skilled in assisting teachers in evaluating children’s social, emotional, or material needs.
- Able to carry out the duties laid out in the classroom schedule.
- In-depth knowledge of supporting the leading teacher in child assessments and screenings.
- Proven record of planning and carrying out preschool lessons.
- Ability to play games, and talk and listen to children.
- Thorough understanding of maintaining classroom supplies and facilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of assisting teachers and others in the evaluation procedure.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
Associate of Science in Education
Milwaukee Community College – Milwaukee, WI
Major: Early Childhood Education
CERTIFICATION & TRAINING
Infant and Child CPR
Center for Independence – Milwaukee, WI | 1/2019 – 4/2019
- Assisted the lead teacher with all facets of instruction in the classroom
- Handled activities for children during lunch and play time
- Taught individual and small group lessons as directed by the teacher
- Supervised student arrival and departure as per school policy
- Assisted with clerical work and record keeping
- MS Word and Excel
- Skilled in finding appropriate materials on the internet
Superior references available on request