Many people consider career summaries as an optional section on a chef resume. This may be true in case of a highly experienced candidate with more than 20 years of experience. On the other hand, less experienced and mid-level chefs should write a career summary. Employers have very little time therefore they usually make hiring decisions by skimming through the first part of a resume i.e. a chef’s objective or a performance summary.
Note: This section may also be called summary of qualifications, career profile or career highlights.
Take a look at some examples of career summaries for a chef resume.
• Self-motivated, hands-on Chef who prefers to lead by example. 7+ years’ experience in managing kitchen staff, menu planning, tracking inventory, controlling costs, developing recipe and serving patrons. A versatile individual who has a positive attitude and the demonstrated ability to work under pressure. Effective communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Energetic, entrepreneurial Executive Chef who is eager to lead and help grow the prospective company. A methodical individual who constantly seeks a better way to maximize guest satisfaction. 9 years’ proven track record of managing operations of busy kitchen area, implementing production process, and estimating food and labor cost. Thorough understanding of HACCP. Known for motivating staff and coaching culinary team to continually improve performance.
• High energy Chef who is well-trained, fundamentally sound and innovative with cuisines. Strong background in preparing menus and developing recipes. Well-versed with current food regulations, and culinary and nutrition principles. Comprehensive knowledge of food quality control standards.
• Top-performing Executive Chef with a special focus on fine dining. Well-versed in creating both aesthetically pleasing and scrumptious tasting delicacies and entrees. Five years of experience in handling pastry work along with a great ability to plan menus.
• An organized and detail-oriented chef with a track record of preparing and presenting healthy and nutritious food. Varied food management skills and exceptional knowledge of food safety and sanitation standards.
• Self-directed and resourceful individual with 10+ years’ extensive experience working as a chef in a top notch fine dining restaurant. Excellent understanding of recipe modification and nutrient composition along with advanced nutrition skills aimed at preparing specialized food items.