Creating a winning resume for the position of an executive chef position is challenging.
As the executive chef is one of the top positions, therefore, a resume for the job needs to be crafted accordingly.
If your resume is attractive enough, it will win you an interview or demonstration call, enhancing your chances of selection manifold.
In your resume, make sure that all your professional experiences are listed in the form of accomplishments, not duties.
Similarly, highlight your skills as an executive chef in your resume.
Two resume examples for an executive chef are given below for your reference:
See also: Cover Letters for Executive Chef Resume
Executive Chef Resume Sample 1
☏ (000) 865.4251
688 Silt Avenue, SW Drive, Columbus, OH 95441
❖ ❖ ❖
A versatile and creative Chef with 15+ years’ firsthand experience in busy culinary settings and working as an executive chef for the last three years. Creator of three signature desserts and two inventive savory dishes at famous restaurants located in Ohio. Highly skilled in supervising the culinary staff in and ensuring the maintenance of hygiene and quality standards. Eager to explore and imprint new flavors.
• Inventing, testing, modifying and launching new dishes according to local taste
• Implementing high-quality hygiene and sanitation standards in the working and serving kitchens
• Constant mentoring and training of newly hired and on the job chefs
• Coordinating with all workstations to ensure timely deliveries of freshly done orders
• Menu setting and updating
• Budget management
• Team leading
• Outdoor catering
Tree Hill Restaurant, Cleveland, OH | 2013 – Present
• Secure two heavy volume contracts from international firms.
• Standardize fifty plus restaurant dishes through staff shift management and stepwise tutorials for new and old chefs at various stations of the restaurant.
• Design and implement a very active fire safety system during renovations of the kitchens; the plan was later executed in two more branches.
• Supervise and monitor the sous-chef and his stations.
• Coordinate with management and staff to ensure proper communication of concerns.
Tom’s Restaurant, Cleveland, OH | 2010 – 2013
• Devised an executive menu and updated the menu seasonally to create variety for regular customers and utilize seasonal foods to control material costs.
• Developed the hotel’s first outdoor catering service with a team of twenty chefs.
• Assisted in menu setting and budget management accordingly.
• Educated the chefs and kitchen workers regarding standard hygiene and quality policies and ensure these are implemented.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCES
Ultimate Hospitality, Columbus, OH | 2004 – 2010
Executive Dining, Cleveland, OH | 2002 – 2004
Certification in Food Preparation
American Culinary Federation, Columbus, OH | 2002
BS in Culinary Arts
Technical College, Columbus, OH | 2001
Executive Chef Resume Sample 2
|110 Orchid Lane • Charleston, SC 65004
(004) 333-4444 • [Email]
Committed to cook, lead and delegate to run a successful culinary business.
Highly accomplished and driven culinary professional with 8+ years of diverse experience as an executive chef in various resorts and five-star restaurants. Demonstrated ability to develop and lead strong culinary teams with a track record of streamlining operations and delivering the highest levels of food quality and hospitality.
A perfectionist with inventive finesse and genuine passion for food cookery and presentation. Broad knowledge of various American, Asian and European cuisines. Strong business acumen and expertise in cost reduction and budgeting.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Recipe Development||– Kitchen Operations||– Cost Control|
|– Quantity Conversions||– Quality Assurance||– Inventory Check|
|– OSHA Compliance||– Financial Planning||– Menu Recommendation|
|– Sanitation||– Material Procurement||– Beverage Selection|
Kites Restaurant, City Grand Hotel, Charleston, SC | 3/2012 – Present
• Ensure that delivered food is of excellent quality and prepared under hygienic conditions.
• Set the menu and update the same regularly based on seasonal preferences and food availability.
• Perform financial planning tasks and control food costs.
• Maintained the restaurant food costs below 27% of the total budget as compared to standard industry costs of 32%.
• Attained 100% customer satisfaction level during the first six months of employment by streamlining kitchen operations and delivering high-quality food and customer service.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Charleston, SC | 7/2010 – 2/2012
• Ensured timely procurement of all raw ingredients.
• Coordinated with all workstations to synchronize orders.
• Developed and adapted various recipes for menu updating.
• Introduced 2 additional cuisines and 13 signature dishes to the menu and adapted authentic recipes to bring innovation which was highly commended by the management.
Community College, Charleston, SC – 2010
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts
Master Chef America, Charleston, SC
American Culinary Association, ACA