Creating a winning resume for the position of an executive chef position is challenging. As executive chef is one of the top positions therefore a resume for the position needs to be crafted accordingly.
If your resume is attractive enough, it will win you an interview or demonstration call, enhancing your chances of selection manifold.
In your resume, make sure that all your professional experiences are listed in form of accomplishments, not duties.
Two resume examples for an executive chef are given below for your reference:
See also: Cover Letters for Executive Chef Resume
Executive Chef Resume Sample 1
☏ (000) 865.4251 ✉ amy @ email . com
688 Silt Avenue, SW Drive, Columbus, OH 95441
❖ ❖ ❖
Versatile, creative chef with 15+ years’ firsthand experience in busy culinary settings and working as an executive chef for the last three years. Creator of three signature desserts and two savory inventive dishes at famous restaurants located at Ohio. Highly skilled in supervising the culinary staff in and ensuring the maintenance of hygiene and quality standards. Eager to explore and imprint new flavors.
• Inventing, testing, modifying and launching new dishes according to local taste
• Implementing high quality hygiene and sanitation standards in the working and serving kitchens
• Constant mentoring and training of newly hired and on the job chefs
• Coordinating with all work stations to ensure timely deliveries of freshly done orders
• Menu setting and updating
• Budget management • Team leading • Outdoor catering
Executive Chef | Tree Hill Restaurant, Cleveland, OH | Mar 2013 – Present
• Secure two heavy volume contracts from international firms
• Standardize fifty plus restaurant dishes through staff shift management and step wise tutorials for new and old chefs at various stations of the restaurant
• Design and implement a very effective fire safety system during renovations of the kitchens, the plan was later implemented in two more branches
• Supervise and monitor the sous-chef and his stations
• Coordinate with management and staff to ensure proper communication of concerns
Executive Chef | Tom’s Restaurant, Cleveland, OH | Dec 2010 – Mar 2013
• Devised an executive menu and updated the menu seasonally to create variety for regular customers and utilize seasonal foods to control material costs
• Developed the hotel’s first outdoor catering service with a team of twenty chefs
• Assisted in menu setting and budget management accordingly
• Educated the chefs and kitchen workers regarding standard hygiene and quality policies and ensure these are implemented
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCES
Sous Chef | Ultimate Hospitality, Columbus, OH | Sep 2004 – Nov 2010
Line Cook | Executive Dining, Cleveland, OH | Oct 2002 – Aug 2004
Certification in Food Preparation | American Culinary Federation, Columbus, OH | 2002
BS in Culinary Arts | Culinary Arts College, Columbus, OH | 2001
Executive Chef Resume Sample 2
|110 Orchid Lane • Charleston, SC 65004|
(004) 333-4444 • travis . carter @ email . com
Committed to cook, lead and delegate to run a successful culinary business.
Highly accomplished and driven culinary professional with 5+ years of diverse experience as an executive chef in various resorts and five star restaurants. Demonstrated ability to develop and lead strong culinary teams with a track record of streamlining operations and delivering the highest levels of food quality and hospitality.
A perfectionist with inventive finesse and genuine passion for food cookery and presentation. Broad knowledge of various American, Asian and European cuisines. Strong business acumen and expertise in cost reduction and budgeting.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Recipe Development||– Kitchen Operations||– Cost Control|
|– Quantity Conversions||– Quality Assurance||– Inventory Check|
|– OSHA Compliance||– Financial Planning||– Menu Recommendation|
|– Sanitation Maintenance||– Material Procurement||– Beaverage Selection|
Kites Restaurant, City Grand Hotel, Charleston, SC | 3/2012 – Present
• Ensure that delivered food is of excellent quality and prepared under hygienic conditions
• Set the menu and update the same regularly based on seasonal preferences and food availability
• Perform financial planning tasks and control food costs
• Maintained the restaurant food costs below 27% of the total budget as compared against standard industry costs of 32%
• Attained 100% customer satisfaction level during first six months of employment by streamlining kitchen operations and delivering high quality food and customer service
Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Charleston, SC | 7/2010 – 2/2012
• Ensured timely procurement of all raw ingredients
• Coordinated with all work stations to synchronize orders
• Developed and adapted various recipes for menu updating
• Introduced 2 additional cuisines and 13 signature dishes to the menu and adapted authentic recipes to bring innovation which was highly commended by the management
Community College, Charleston, SC – 2010
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts
Master Chef America, Charleston, SC
American Culinary Association, ACA