As a commis chef, your skills and qualifications matter most. And these need to be placed right under the spotlight when writing a resume.
This is where the personal summary comes in. If you want to apply for this position, make sure that you begin your resume with a well-developed personal summary.
The personal summary will help the hiring manager understand where you stand. It should include some details about your knowledge of the work.
For instance, you should highlight your ability to work in conjunction with head chefs by providing them with assistance in all areas.
A personal summary is not too long, but it defines the essence of a resume.
It also sets the pace and tone of the document. Your personal summary should focus on your knowledge of preparing food items, and handling plating and portioning work.
Also, it should focus on what you know about food delivery management and stock and inventory oversight.
Some personal summaries for a commis chef resume are provided here as examples:
Commis Chef Personal Summary Examples for Resume or CV
1. Highly successful Commis Chef with excellent skills in assisting in busy kitchen environments. Effectively able to prepare ingredients such as meats, cheeses, vegetables, and fruits for use in different dishes. Expert in handling food inventory and oversight, as well as managing kitchen waste management tasks.
2. Commis Chef with 12+ years of a solid track record of working in a busy kitchen. Excellent skills in operating kitchen equipment such as ovens, grills, microwaves, and fryers. In-depth know-how of maintaining cleanliness and sanitization of assigned kitchen areas. Able to prepare and cook items following set recipes.
3. Competent and organized individual, with excellent ability to work with the assistance of a senior chef. Demonstrated ability to preparing ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Well-versed in preparing menu items by strictly following recipes and yield guides. Proven ability to assist in cooking by following quality and presentation standards.
4. Qualified Commis Chef boasting 5 years of experience in a high-end hotel kitchen. Hands-on experience in following head chef’s orders to handle food preparation and kitchen management tasks. Specifically, skilled in keeping work areas clean and sanitized in accordance with standards and instructions. In-depth knowledge of complying with the hotel’s policies and rules regarding food handling.
5. Commis Chef offering exceptional ability to assist head chefs in preparing and presenting menu items. Qualified to maintain high levels of service at all times. Well-versed in ensuring minimum kitchen wastage, and ensuring proper rotation and use of ingredients.