It is impossible to write a good commis chef resume without a well-worded objective. This will serve as a resume opener, providing the hiring manager with excellent knowledge of your abilities and suitability. Do not opt-out of writing one.
As a commis chef, your main job will be to assist the chef in food preparation and other kitchen duties. This is the area that you have to highlight your skills in. In your resume objective, focus on your knowledge of food preparation and inventory management.
Also, focus on your ability to handle a wide variety of food management and cleaning and sanitizing duties.
A commis chef’s resume objective must be excellently managed. In it, the main qualification that you possess in the area must be highlighted. You should also emphasize your ability to handle plating, garnishing, and portioning work.
In your resume objective, it is important to show that you are a better choice than all the others in the candidate pool.
This is how you can do it:
Top 5 Sample Objectives for Commis Chef Resume
1. Highly experienced Commis Chef, with 2+ years of a solid track record of assisting chefs in busy restaurant kitchens. Presently seeking a position at Bailey’s Diner, leveraging excellent skills in preparing salads, soups, and sandwiches. Able to receive food supplies deliveries and handle inventory and stocking work.
2. To contribute to Henrock Fine Dining as a Commis Chef utilizing expertise in preparing and cooking ingredients, and assisting in plating and portioning cooked food. Excellent knowledge of maintaining a high level of services while effectively managing backend jobs.
3. Looking for a Commis Chef position at Park Hyatt. Leveraging proficiencies in preparing salads and sauces, and handling cutting, chopping, cubing and marinating work. Adept at performing cleaning and sanitization work, and handling trash management tasks. Exceptional skills in maintaining high standards of personal and food hygiene and managing deliveries and stock according to protocols.
4. Strong desire to get employment as a Commis Chef at Intercontinental Hotels where knowledge of preparing ingredients and portioning will be fully utilized. Competent in making and servicing food items for ala carte and buffet menus following recipes and procedures. Hands-on experience in maintaining proper rotation of storage food items.
5. To work as a Commis Chef at The Hilton Heights. Bringing excellent skills in assisting chefs with food preparation. In-depth knowledge of helping with deliveries, food rotation, cleaning and sanitization, and trash management.