A chef resume (also known as a CV in some countries) is a 1-2-page document that serves to show a person’s experiences and qualifications in a logical form. In the majority of cases, it is required by the job seekers to apply for a new job.
Typically, a resume or CV for the Chef position consists of a professional summary, skills, experience, and education sections. As a matter of fact, it is a marketing document that sells your qualifications in the best possible light.
How to Write a Great Resume for Chef Position?
The following 7 tips will help you better understand how to write an exceptional resume to get a chef job.
- Start your resume either with a chef summary or chef objective statement.
- Emphasize your experience, as well as accomplishments as a chef.
- Create a separate section for your skills as a chef.
- Mention the details of your education and certifications.
- Tailor your resume as per the needs of the employer.
- Choose and plain and simple format.
- Proofread your resume before sending it.
All points considered, the following two chef resume and cv examples to guide you further.
Chef Resume Sample 1
(10+ Years Experience)
67 McDonald Avenue, North Platte, NE 55343
Committed to providing consistent, fresh, and delicious meals.
Top-performing Chef with 8+ years of extensive experience in menu development, food preparation, and culinary staff management. Exceptional track record of overseeing kitchen operations and customer service standards to maximize patrons base. Well versed in handling inventory and ordering supplies. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Attained “The Best Chef Award” owing to exceptional culinary services
- Introduced new food presentation techniques, increasing patron base consequently
- Maintained composure and professionalism in busy hours
- Actively manage the operations of the kitchen, hence increasing the efficiency by 50%
Frugen– North Platte, NE
May 2015 – Present
- Develop novel menus and prepare a wide variety of foods, increasing patron retention and positive reviews by 50%
- Oversee food preparation and production
- Determine cooking and servings quantities
- Keep food expenditure within budget
- Develop and train kitchen staff
- Motivate the kitchen staff to follow the restaurant’s policies
- Ensure proper sanitation standards
Hyatt – Los Angeles, CA
Sep 2011 – May 2015
- Assisted with all areas of food production for a 110-seat dining facility
- Prepared daily grilled food at the poolside restaurant for 150+ guests
- Oversaw the team of seven servers while maintaining the highest level of guest service
- Planned, coordinated and implemented special events and holiday functions
- Performed cleanliness and hygiene duties promptly
Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts
Los Angeles Technical College, Los Angeles, CA 2004
Serve Safe Certified
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Flexible schedule
- Strong attention to detail
- Lifting and moving heavy objects
“I am a detail-oriented individual who upholds the highest culinary standards in fast-paced kitchen environments.“
Chef Resume Sample 2
(1-9 Years Experience)
560 Peach Tree Lane, Orlando, FL 89799
Results-oriented Chef with 7+ years’ successful track record in supervising and coordinating activities of cooks and food preparation staff. Unique talent for developing recipes and determining how to present dishes. Committed to achieving the highest level of culinary standards.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Menu Setting – Order Synchronization
– Customer Service – Hygiene Standards
– Staff training – Inventory Control
– Cost Management – Scheduling
– Stock Management – Quality Control
– Recipe Development – Event Management
Chef de partie
HYATT INT’L, Orlando, FL
2017 – Present
- Enhance the customer satisfaction level by 60% utilizing exceptional culinary skills
- Introduce three signature main course dishes and a dessert that is on the menu to date
- Manage all kitchen and dining areas while maintaining the food station
- Ensure compliance with the quality standards in spite of the hectic work environment
- Set daily specials and weekly menus based on guests feedback and preferences
- Monitor and ensure timely procurement of all pantry items including beverages
- Interact with guests to ascertain and cater to their dining needs personally
MARRIOTT, Orlando, FL
2013 – 2017
- Reduced the order service time 30% because of efficient order synchronization
- Implemented appropriate prep exercises at the main course workstations
- Inspected the kitchen daily and maintained physical inventory
- Ensured sanitation of all allotted workstations
- Supervised chefs and cooks regarding recipe multiplication and division
- Adjusted quantity while keeping the actual recipe flavors and proportions
B.A., Culinary Arts
COLLEGE OF CULINARY ARTS, Orlando, FL
Member: American Culinary Federation – Current