Chef Resume Writing Tips
• Do not use standard chef resume templates.
• View various resume samples online before writing.
• Select the resume format that complements your profile.
• Focus on the consistency of font style and font size of your resume, which is equally important.
• Mention your accomplishments by using strong action words.
• Make a tailored resume instead of reproducing the online resume samples.
• Create a separate section of your skills as a chef.
Take a look at the following chef resume samples for ideas.
See also: Chef Cover Letter Sample
Chef Resume Sample 1
67 McDonald Avenue | North Platte, NE 55343 | (999) 909-9029 | [Email]
Committed to providing consistent, fresh, and delicious meals.
Top-performing Chef with 8 years of extensive experience in menu development, food preparation, and culinary staff management. Exceptional track record of managing kitchen operations while maximizing patrons base. Well versed in handling inventory and ordering supplies. A detail-oriented individual who upholds the highest culinary standards in fast-paced kitchen environments. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Attained “The Best Chef Award” owing to exceptional culinary services
• Introduced new food presentation techniques, increasing patron base consequently
• Maintained composure and professionalism in busy hours
• Actively manage the operations of the kitchen, hence increasing the efficiency by 50%
• Self-starter with a positive attitude
• Flexible schedule
• Strong attention to detail
• Lifting and moving heavy objects
Frugen– North Platte, NE 2011-Present
• Develop menus and prepare a wide variety of foods, increased patron retention as a result
• Oversee food preparation and production
• Determine cooking and servings quantities
• Keep food expenditure within budget
• Develop and train kitchen staff
• Ensure that the kitchen staff is following the restaurant’s policies
• Ensure proper sanitation standards
Hyatt – Los Angeles, CA 2005-2011
• Assisted with all areas of food production for a 110-seat dining facility
• Prepared daily grilled food at the poolside restaurant for 150+ guests
• Oversaw the team of seven servers while maintaining the highest level of guest service
• Planned, coordinated and implemented special events and holiday functions
• Performed cleanliness and hygiene duties promptly
Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts
Los Angeles Technical College, Los Angeles, CA 2004
Serve Safe Certified
Chef Resume Sample 2
|560 Peach Tree Lane, Orlando, FL 89799|
Results-oriented Chef with 13+ years’ successful track record. Experienced in supervising and coordinating activities of cooks and food preparation staff. A unique talent for developing recipes and determining how to present dishes. Committed to maintaining the highest level of culinary standards.
|– Menu Setting||– Order Synchronization||– Customer Service|
|– Hygiene insurance||– Hospitality training||– Inventory Control|
|– Cost Management||– Scheduling||– Stock Management|
|– Quality Control||– Recipe Amendments||– Event Management|
HYATT INT’L, Orlando, FL 2009 – Present
• Enhance customer satisfaction level by 60% owing to exceptional culinary skills
• Introduce three signature main course dishes and a dessert that is on the menu to date
• Manage all kitchen and dining areas while maintaining the food station
• Ensure compliance with the quality standards in spite of the hectic work environment
• Set daily specials and weekly menus based on guests feedback and preferences
• Monitor and ensure timely procurement of all pantry items including beverages
• Interact with guests to ascertain and cater to their dining needs personally
MARRIOTT, Orlando, FL 2005 – 2009
• Reduced order service time 30% because of efficient order synchronization
• Implemented appropriate prep exercises at the main course workstations
• Inspected the kitchen daily and maintained physical inventory
• Ensured sanitation of all allotted workstations
• Supervised chefs and cooks regarding recipe multiplication and division
• Adjusted quantity while keeping the actual recipe flavors and proportions
B.A., Culinary Arts
COLLEGE OF CULINARY ARTS, Orlando, FL – 2006
Member: American Culinary Federation – Current
Chef Quick Facts
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the 2017 median pay for chefs was $45950/year or 22.09/hour.
Moreover, the job growth between 2016 and 2026 is 10%, which is faster than average. Likewise, the expected employment changed between these 10 years is 14100.
There were 146500 chefs were working in the USA in 2016.