Have you made a cashier resume that does not contain your related accomplishments?
If yes, you may face difficulties in obtaining interviews.
In today’s competitive job market, you have to portray your achievements as a cashier in your resume.
Well written and quantified accomplishments are the best proof of your potential. Everyone has achievements; they just need to identify them.
If you feel you have no results worth mentioning, here are some ideas to recognize your accomplishments:
- An example of how you reduced costs
- How you enhanced clientele
- How you demonstrated professionalism
- Any special awards you earned
- Any training you had or provided to new cashiers
Refer to the following profile/accomplishments based resume sample for a cashier to get a better idea.
See also: Cashier Cover Letter
Cashier Resume Sample (Accomplishments Based)
560 Ivy Lane, Portland, OR 00977
❖❖ CASHIER ❖❖
Equipped to continue excellence in customer service, patience, and cash handling.
Methodical and driven Cashier with exceptional skills and hands-on experience in cash handling, cash balancing and closing, bill generation and customer service. A proven team-player who is highly skilled in processing credit card, check and cash-based transactions. Customer service-oriented attitude, with a demonstrated ability to resolve problems and create a friendly environment.
– Optical scanners
– Customer service
– Cash registers
– Rewards programs
– Cash draw balancing
|– Payments Handling|
– POS system
LUX GROCERS, Portland, OR (July 2011 – Present)
• Enhance clientele by 20% through efficient customer relation protocol.
• Update the existing cash register to POS.
• Devise the store’s stock inventory that ensured availability of items at all times, enhancing order efficiency and accuracy by 50%.
• Greet customers, assist them in merchandise selection.
• Operate cash registers, handle cash and charge sales. Organize shelves and merchandise.
Drive Thru Cashier
ABC RESTAURANT, Portland, OR (May 2007 – June 2011)
• Attained the ‘most efficient cashier’ award in 2015.
• Demonstrated effective daily cash closing and balancing practices that reduced the error rate by 100%.
• Implemented electronic cash registers and trained three new cashiers in operation of the same.
• Received orders at the drive-through, and relayed the same to the food counter.
• Provided information regarding pricing, issued the final bills, and accepted payments.
A.A.S Degree in Accounting
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Portland, OR – 2006
• Bilingual: Spanish and English
• Exceptional numeracy skills
• Computer: MS Word and Excel