Have you made a cashier resume that does not contain your related accomplishments? If yes, you may face difficulties in obtaining interviews.
In today’s competitive job market, you have to portray your achievements as a cashier in your resume. Well written and quantified accomplishments are the best proof of your potential.
Everyone has achievements; they just need to identify them. If you feel you have no results worth mentioning, here are some ideas to recognize your accomplishments:
• An example of how you reduced costs
• How you enhanced clientele
• How you demonstrated professionalism
• Any special awards you earned
• Any training you had or provided to new cashiers
Refer to the following profile/accomplishments based resume sample for a cashier to get a better idea.
Cashier Resume Sample
560 Ivy Lane ● Portland, OR 00977 ● (005) 222-6666 ● [Email]
❖❖ CASHIER ❖❖
Equipped to continue excellence in customer service, patience, and cash handling.
Methodical and driven Cashier with exceptional skills and hands-on experience in cash handling, cash balancing and closing, bill generation and customer service. A proven team-player who is highly skilled in processing credit card, check and cash-based transactions. Customer service-oriented attitude, with a demonstrated ability to resolve problems and create a friendly environment.
|– Returns/exchange processing||– Bagging/wrapping||– Payments acceptance|
|– Optical scanners||– Cash registers||– Calculation|
|– Customer service||– Rewards programs||– POS system|
|– Communication||– Cash draw balancing||– Reconciliation|
LUX GROCERS, Portland, OR (July 2011 – Present)
• Enhance clientele by 20% through efficient customer relation protocol.
• Update the existing cash register to POS.
• Devise the store’s stock inventory that ensured availability of items at all times, enhancing order efficiency and accuracy by 50%.
• Greet customers, assist them in merchandise selection.
• Operate cash registers, handle cash and charge sales. Organize shelves and merchandise.
ABC RESTAURANT, Portland, OR (May 2007 – June 2011)
Drive Thru Cashier
• Attained the ‘most efficient cashier’ award in 2015.
• Demonstrated effective daily cash closing and balancing practices that reduced error rate by 100%.
• Implemented electronic cash registers and trained three new cashiers in operation of the same.
• Received orders at the drive-through, and relayed the same to the food counter.
• Provided information regarding pricing, issued the final bills and accepted payments.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Portland, OR – 2006
A.A.S Degree in Accounting
• Bilingual: Spanish and English
• Exceptional numeracy skills
• Computer: MS Word and Excel
Last updated on