A skills-based / functional resume for a cashier position is a good option for career changers as well as entry-level applicants who have a very little or no relevant experience in cashiering – but gained transferable skills through several related or unrelated jobs and education.
This type of resume emphasizes what you can perform as a cashier, not where you have worked in the past.
Appropriate skills can be derived from personal life experiences, courses, summer work and volunteer activities alike.
Below is a very detailed resume for a cashier which focuses on transferable skills.
You may select cashier skill statements which are most relevant to the employer’s requirements.
See also: Cashier Cover Letter
Cashier Skills Resume Example
688 Example 7th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 63556
OBJECTIVE (Cashier Objectives)
Seeking a Cashier position with Whole Foods Market where excellent customer service and cash handling skills can be utilized to develop the company’s efficiency.
RELEVANT SKILLS (Cashier Skills)
- Accepting payments from customers and give change and receipts
- Using scanners, cash registers, and calculators to calculate the price of items that customers buy
- Utilizing the right process for cash, credit cards, or other types of payment
- Handling returns and exchanges of goods
- Counting the money is in the register at the beginning and end of the shift
- Greeting customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Bagging and wrapping customers’ purchases
- Assisting customers to sign up for store rewards programs
- Answering customers’ questions
- Giving information regarding the business procedures and policies in an exact and customer-friendly way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated and careful – high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English and Polish
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Quick-books and financial software
- Reorganized cash handling procedures, shortening time from 10 to 5 minutes
- Customer Care Award – Dec 2011
Customer Service Cashier
IKEA – Phoenix, AZ | Mar 2018 – May 2019
- Greeted customers while entering to the premise
- Established and identified the price of goods using an electronic or other cash registers
- Received and processed payments by cash, check, credit card and automatic debit
- Wrapped and placed purchased goods in bags
- Provided information to customers and guests
- Calculated foreign currency exchange
Bagger / Stacker
Reddy Ice – Corpus Christi, TX | Jan 2017 – Mar 2018
- Stacked various products onto standard pallets
- Helped check product quality
- Kept the area secure and reported possible hazards to supervisor
- Cleaned work area and the whole facility
[List your nonrelevant, summer, volunteer experiences here]
Associate degree in Accounts
Texas College of Accountancy, Corpus Christi, TX – 2010