Retail cashiers work in a variety of settings. Where there are things to be sold, there are retail cashiers. Retail cashiers are responsible for maintaining the first contact with customers. They assist customers with purchases and handle their bills.
A resume for a retail cashier will include a candidate’s skills to be able to handle both the till and customers.
The following sample resume for a retail cashier position will provide you with an excellent opportunity to write your resume effectively.
Retail Cashier Resume Example
8837 Pearl Street
Paterson, NJ 83839
willian @ email . co
Always ensure that customers leave the store with a positive experience.
Over 8 years of progressively responsible experience working as a cashier in retail settings. A verifiable track record of delivering measurable profits. Highly skilled in operating cash registers and adding machines. Organized, with the ability to assist customers in merchandise selection and bagging. Able to multitask in a fast-paced retail environment.
Responds quickly and effectively to customers’ concerns. Understands the individual needs of the guest through great rapport building skills. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
|✓ Continuous Attention Providing||✓ Work Area Cleanliness|
|✓ Cashiering Equipment Operations||✓ Merchandise Return Handling|
|✓ Lane Management||✓ Teamwork|
|✓ Products Stocking and Display||✓ Positive Attitude|
|✓ Shopping Carts Management||✓ Flexibility|
• Handled extremely irate customers with complaints regarding the store’s stock by providing special discounts and offers
• Incorporated a highly complex receipts system into the existing system effectively
Costco, Paterson, NJ | 2014 – Present
• Greet, direct and assist customers when they enter the store
• Accurately operate cash register to ensure customer satisfaction
• Resolve customer service complaints promptly
• Collect payments through cash and credit/debit cards
• Actively assist customers by phone and in-person
• Maintain inventory and product displays following company standards
• Properly re-stock returned products
• Adhere to the company’s Standard Operating Procedures
Hyper Market, Paterson, NJ | 2009 – 2014
• Took payments in exchange for items sold
• Operated adding machine and cash register
• Assisted customers with decision making on purchases
• Up-sold items as and when deemed necessary
• Maintained inventories and stocks
• Managed store displays as instructed
• Collected deposits and prepare delivery records
City Public School, Paterson, NJ | 2008
High School Diploma
• Retail POS Software (MAC21)
• MS Office Suite
Superior references available on request