You may find the lead cashier resume writing difficult only if you are unaware of general resume writing trends. Once you have these in check, there is no place for uncertainty.
Resumes are strong job application documents – or at least, they are supposed to be – and require much attention from the job seeker.
Great resumes are those that are designed to reach a hiring manager in the way that they want them to.
The following lead cashier resume sample will help you in this regard.
775 W 10th Street, Newport, KY 89710
pammurph @ email . com
Customer service-oriented Cashier with extensive experience in guaranteeing the highest level of service to each customer making a transaction. Highly effective in handling complex customer service situations and escalating service issues. Able to monitor sales activities with the aim of ensuring that customers receive satisfactory service and quality products. Track record of directing and prioritizing front-end activities in fast-paced and high-volume environments.
• Cash Balancing
• POS Control
• Complaint Handling
• Cashier Mentorship
• Checkout Supervision
• Operations Management
• Introduced the T.E.A.M concept (Training, Excellence, And Mentoring), resulting in high production of trained and motivated cashiers.
• Implemented a POS system that processed payments 54% faster than the previous ones.
• Retained a disgruntled customer who complained about “terrible service” by providing him with gift vouchers and discounts on his next purchase.
• Successfully ensured the security of the cash drawers by 100% by introducing and implementing a security system that used thumbprints to access.
Macy’s, Newport, KY
1/2014 – Present
• Greet customers and assign customer representatives to them to ensure that they are catered to adequately.
• Assist customers in locating their choice of items by directing them to correct shelves and aisles.
• Monitor sales activities and direct and prioritize all front-end activities at the store.
• Authorize discounts in special circumstances and assist cashiers in applying them to purchases.
• Ascertain that all POS stations are appropriately set up at the beginning of each shift.
SAA Co LLC, Newport, KY
1/2012 – 11/2014
• Provided cashiers with training on efficiently using POS systems.
• Ensured that rapid response to customers’ complaints is provided.
• Managed any exchanges or returns according to company policies.
• Handled team conflicts and carried out disciplinary actions as charted out in the company policy manual.
• Ascertained that all problems related to cash balancing were addressed immediately.
• Balanced cash drawers to ensure appropriate tallying at the end of each shift.
The Big Store, Newport, KY
2/2009 – 1/2012
• Rang up customers’ purchases on the POS system and provided them with information on total payable.
• Scanned products to determine their prices and informed customers of any associated discounts.
• Processed credit card and cash payments and tendered change and receipts.
• Balanced cash registers at the end of each shift
• Processed returns and exchanges while ensuring that any complaints were escalated to the customer service manager.
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration
Business School, City University, Newport, KY – 2007