A cashier resume is the combination of short yet informative bullet points under different headings such as achievements, abilities, skills, qualifications, education, relevant experience and awards.
If you want to build an effective resume, you must highlight your accomplishments and skills which set yourself apart you from other applicants.
Cashier Resume Guidelines
• Write your skills and core competencies directly below your summary statement.
• Highlight your achievements as a cashier in a separate section.
• Mention only the most relevant experiences. It does not necessarily mean that every part of your work history must relate to their job description.
• Tailor your resume as per the needs of the prospective employer.
• Emphasize your expertise in cash handling and customer service field.
Take further guidance on cashier cover letter and resume writing by viewing the samples below.
See also: Cashier Skills Resume Sample
Cashier Resume Sample 1
|Andy Garcia||3 North Street|
Council Buffs, IA 52784
A rare combination of exceptional cash handling and customer service skills.
Results-driven Cashier with 10+ years’ progressively responsible experience working at big retail chains. Successful track record of providing a great shopping experience for customers and assisting them every step of shopping. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to work in a self-directed manner.
Highly customer service-oriented with exceptional interpersonal skills and a sincere passion for attaining the long-term goals of the organization. Recognized for working efficiently as a team member, accurately scanning products and maintaining displays.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|✓ Payments Processing|
✓ Suggestive Selling
✓ Merchandise Wrapping
✓ Receipts Issuance
|✓ Items Scanning|
✓ Making Change
✓ Bagging and Loading
|✓ Payment Calculation|
✓ Shelves Stocking
✓ Work Area Cleanliness
K-Mart – Council Bluffs, IA | 2009 – Present
• Greet customers as they enter in store.
• Help customers locate the merchandise they need.
• Assist customers with buying decisions.
• Operate cash register and adding machine to receive cash for sold items.
• Calculate discounts and rewards as appropriate.
• Tag items for price and expiry date.
• Stock shelves and count merchandise.
• Balance all transaction at the end of the day for cash reconciliation.
✓ Exceeded the standards of customer service experience by maintaining a friendly and customer focused approach.
✓ Promoted organization’s programs such as warranty sales, score-card, and private label credit card alike.
✓ Provided timely and appreciable customer service, increasing revenue by $8000 per week.
✓ Changed the cash register handling process, which increased efficiency by 20%.
✓ Maintained and imparted knowledge of cash handling procedures.
Customer Service Cashier
Southwestern Regional Center – Tulsa, OK | 2007 – 2009
• Managed deposits and balanced accounts receivable checks.
• Recorded received transactions.
• Maintained electronic remit programs.
• Kept work area clean by following appropriate cleaning standards.
✓ Improved store accounting system through creative ideas and overhauling the previous haphazard cash management system.
✓ Attained Employee of the Year award because of customers’ positive feedback in proving excellent service.
✓ Counted, verified, and reconciled daily sales, which reduced losses by $20000 per month.
University of Tulsa – Council Bluffs, IA – 2005
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Typing and keyboarding: 50 WPM
• Microsoft Office Suite and spreadsheets
“I am well organized, and detail oriented professional who has a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.”
Exemplary professional references available
Cashier Resume Sample 2
370 Warren Lane, Novi, MI 76332
Cash Handling | Communication | Customer Service
Goal-oriented, dependable and alert Cashier with 8+ years of extensive experience in handling cash drawer while providing exceptional customer service to a multicultural populace. Recognized as an individual who can go the extra mile to resolve the problems of clients and coworkers. Record of following employer’s policies and procedures. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Implemented POS-based transaction processing systems that enhanced billing and cashiering accuracy by 40%.
- Reduced waiting time for customers by 3 minutes on average through leveraging quick and effective automated bill generation mechanisms.
- Balanced cash drawer for the previous six months and removed all discrepancies within a fortnight of hiring.
- Complied employer’s SOPs and standards in all circumstances.
- Handled irate customers and difficult situations diplomatically.
|– Transaction Handling|
– Discrepancy Removal
– Product Display
– Wrapping & Packaging
|– Cash Equivalents|
– Bill Generation
– Inventory Maintenance
– Loss Prevention
|– POS Operations|
– Cash Reconciliation
– Cash Drawer Handling
SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET, Novi, MI | 2011 to Present
• Greet customers in a friendly and gracious manner.
• Process and generate bills, accept cards and cash for payment of the same.
• Handle POS and balance cash drawer on a daily basis.
• Participate in month end inventory and cycle counts.
• Organize shelves and merchandise.
• Assist customers with the bagging of items.
• Maintain and sanitize the checkout area.
Retail Sales Cashier
DOLLAR TREE, Novi, MI | 2009 – 2011
• Assisted lead cashier in the execution of merchandising and billing operations.
• Processed and replenished merchandise and ensured stock availability on the assigned floor.
• Guided customers and provided them with the highest quality of customer service.
• Ensured loss prevention procedures.
• Stocked merchandise in the check stand area.
William High School, Novi, MI – 2008
• POS System
• MS Word and Excel
• Interac machine
“I ensure that customers always receive courteous and professional service.”