Obtaining a pre-k teaching interview is not easy these days considering the high level of competition in current job market. You need a professionally written, top notch resume to ensure you get that well deserved interview call as you apply for a pre k teaching position. Following tips and guidelines will help you in achieving the goal.
• Use a contemporary format that automatically brings the focus onto your relevant skills and qualifications.
• Invest some time and effort to build a really strong and eye catching professional summary which convinces the employer of your relevant potential.
• Focus on the specific skills associated with Pre K teaching and highlight these in tabulated form on your resume.
210 Watson Lane • Seattle, WA 34002
(006) 444-3333 • hailey @ email . com
SUMMARY: Caring, results-oriented Pre-K teacher with a demonstrated success in all areas of teaching and child care. Adept at catering for cognitive, developmental and psycho social needs of toddlers. Track record of creating and executing innovative instructional plans and classroom techniques to meet the needs of all students enrolled. Proven expertise in developing and conducting age specific activities that stimulate student’s learning.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|● Lesson Planning||● Curriculum Development||● Progress Reporting|
|● Need Evaluation||● Student Monitoring||● Activity Conduction|
|● Child Nurturing||● Parental Communication||● Self Help Skills|
|● Child Grooming||● Classroom Management||● Confidence Building|
• Enhanced the admission rate 60% through conducting model, community based learning activities and encouraging parental involvement in the same
• Identified a case of ADHD and convinced the parents to get medical and therapeutic help for the child
• Developed the Play group curriculum from scratch at Little Bloomers in line with Montessori school of thought and cognitive development theories
LITTLE BLOOMERS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SYSTEM, Seattle, WA
Pre-K Teacher, 9/2011 to Present
• Plan and implement daily lessons in synchronization with the concepts to be imparted as per the given Pre K curriculum
• Create and maintain an engaging Classroom environment which facilitates learning
• Establish and achieve learning objectives consistent with students needs based on individual evaluation.
TULIP MONTESSORI, Seattle, WA
Teachers Assistant, 5/2010 to 8/2011
• Facilitated the teacher in developing individualized learning objectives for each child
• Monitored the children during play and work activities
• Maintained a portfolio for each child and kept it updated with new work sheets and progress charts
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
AMERICAN PRESCHOOL TEACHERS ASSOCIATION, Seattle, WA, 2010
Certification in Pre K teaching
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR TEACHER’S TRAINING, Seattle, WA, 2009
Bachelors in Child Education
International Montessori Organization, Seattle, WA
Pre-K teacher’s Community, Seattle, WA
Last updated on