School teachers work in preschools, elementary schools and high schools depending on their own choice and individual placement.
They are usually assigned one class especially at the elementary and lower levels where they are expected to develop and implement individualized lesson plans according to the curriculum handed to them.
They are also expected to manage classroom instruction and behavior management.
The following is a resume sample for this position that you can use to apply for a school teaching position.
School Teacher Resume Example
300 McDougall Road, Lander, WY 83200
PROFESSIONAL PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Highly motivated School Teacher with a solid base in teaching all subjects at the elementary level. Hands-on experience in curriculum development and classroom instruction. In-depth knowledge of assessing students’ progress in conjunction with class objectives. Conversant with counseling students to improve performance and providing assistance in weak study areas
• Prepared and implemented individually based curriculum for preschool and elementary schools students.
• Developed age-appropriate materials for students keeping in mind interaction based module development.
Lanier High School, Lander, WY | 2010 – Present
• Design, develop and implant core curriculum
• Manage classroom instruction
• Create a classroom environment conducive to learning
• Manage student behavior
• Assist students with class work
• Act as a mentor for students
• Manage class work and homework grading
• Devise and mark exam papers
• Assess student progress
• Liaise with parents to discuss individual progress
Lanier High School, Lander, WY | 2008 – 2010
• Assisted in curriculum development and classroom instruction activities
• Oversaw students concerning behavior and worked while the lead teacher was away
• Managed class work material, equipment, and resources
• Helped lead teacher in progress assessments
• Counseled students as and when necessary
Master’s Degree in Education
Wyoming State University, Lander, WY – 2007
• Excellent understanding of teaching concepts and curriculum development
• Ability to manage class schedules
• Exceptional communication skills
• Strong skills in imparting information
• Proficient in multitasking