Restaurant servers are an essential part of the foodservice industry. They are usually the first people customers meet when they enter an establishment, and it is up to them to portray a positive image.
They offer seats to customers, present menus, take and relay orders, and manage the cleanliness of tables/work area. A restaurant server must ensure the accuracy and efficiency of orders.
The hospitality industry needs to hire the best personnel; therefore, if you are applying for a position in this industry, you will need to portray yourself as the most excellent candidate.
How can you do this?
Your resume is a key to showing a prospective employer how well suited you are for a restaurant server position. Your resume should reflect your hospitality awareness and customer care abilities.
If you are at least a high school graduate, looking to earn a handsome salary (along with tips) as a restaurant server, then the following resume sample is for you!
See also: Restaurant Server Resume (No Experience)
Restaurant Server Resume Sample
560 Mary Lane | Rockingham, NC 63900 | (009) 145-4141 | [Email]
Results-driven and passionate Server with 5+ years’ experience in providing excellent tier-one services to restaurant customers. Proficient in greeting patrons, providing them with menus, taking orders and relaying the same to the kitchen. Exceeded customers’ expectations by ensuring professional demeanor and light humor. Proven record of ensuring accuracy and efficiency of orders. A team-player who makes the most of his skills in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
• Well organized
• Talented in maintaining priorities
• Self-directed with the ability to take the initiative
• Dependable and punctual
• Excellent communication skills
• Capable of standing for long hours
• Able to work under pressure
Crestline Hotels, Rockingham, NC | 2010 – Present
• Seat customers as they arrive and provide the menu
• Assist customers in ordering decisions by providing information on menu items
• Serve welcome drinks and take orders
• Relay orders to the kitchen, and ensure accuracy and speed of order
• Deliver orders to customers after ensuring the quality and quantity of food
• Serve beverages as requested
• Clean tables and clear dishes
• Increased sales of the hotel brewed wine by providing information and suggesting food-wine combinations
• Handled particularly irate patrons by diffusing the situation using tact and ensuring recurring business
Concord Hospitality, Rockingham, NC | 2008 – 2010
• Bussed tables with dishware and flatware
• Cleaned tables and changed the tablecloths
• Carried customer orders from the kitchen to tables
• Fill water glasses and offer welcome drinks
• Provided customers with checks and took payments
• Awarded Employee of the Quarter award following provision of excellent customer services following customer feedback.
• Played a vital role in the success of the restaurant’s first-anniversary party by providing on-time and efficient banquet services.
Rockingham City College, Rockingham, NC – 2008
Associate’s Degree in Hospitality