Olive Garden is a casual dining restaurant chain, with 844 locations globally.
Servers hired by Olive Garden are required to be especially well-versed in providing exceptional customer services.
Since servers are people who are in constant direct contact with patrons in a restaurant environment, they have to be well-trained – especially if they want to work in a reputed restaurant such as Olive Garden.
What exactly does a server do while working at Olive Garden?
The work of a server working at Olive Garden may not be much different from one working in another restaurant – he or she relays orders to the kitchen, ensures they are served on time, handles beverages and welcome drinks serving duties, and makes sure that the restaurant is kept clean and presentable at all times.
To work as an Olive Garden server, it is important to possess exceptional customer service skills, with a great focus on customer satisfaction.
In addition to this, it is exceptionally important for servers to possess a high level of integrity.
Some experience in providing suggestions of beverages that complement menu items may also come in handy.
Typically, a server working at Olive Garden will be performing some or all of the duties listed here:
Job Description for Olive Garden Server Resume
• Greet patrons as they arrive at the restaurant and ascertain that they are seated according to their specific requirements
• Present menus to customers and assist them in making informed choices by providing them with information on ingredients and spice levels
• Assist waiters in obtaining orders and relaying them to the kitchen area
• Follow-up on relayed orders to ensure that they are prepared and served on time
• Check dish portions for conformity to restaurant standards and transport orders to awaiting customers
• Serve food and beverage items to customers and inquire into their requirements for additional items
• Ensure that all condiments such as sauces, garlic powder, and dips are made available at all tables
• Scan the dining area to determine if customers require anything additional and ensure that they are provided with needed services
• Ensure that tables are properly set at all times, clearing away soiled dishes and tablecloths as soon as customers leave
• Coordinate activities of janitorial staff to ensure that dining areas and surfaces are kept clean and sanitized
• Oversee condiments inventory and ensure that any low stock situations are communicated to the head waiter immediately