A resume for server position is a snapshot of your skills, qualifications, achievements, and experiences in the hospitality and foodservice industry.
A well-written server resume has the power to convince the hiring committee that you possess sufficient skills to contribute and would be an excellent addition to their team.
Many candidates believe that the longer is their resume (with full of irrelevant and junk information), the better their chances of interview and employment are.
In fact, this is not true. Overstuffed resumes often become very tiresome to read – and most employers do not look at them very favorably.
Therefore, your resume needed to be written on one page, with just the appropriate and required information on it.
Take a look at the following examples to get a better idea how to write a great resume for a server position.
Server Resume Sample 1
| 520 Harley Street • Buford, GA 48222|
(005) 333-9653 ~ [Email]
❖❖ SERVER ❖❖
Versatile and customer service-oriented hospitality professional with 10+ years’ hands-on experience in food and beverage service field. Consistently demonstrated an extreme level of genuine hospitality and delivered an exceptional dining experience to guests. Builds strong rapport with patrons to ensure recurring business. Understanding of various food and beverage ingredients.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Order Taking||– Menu Presentation||– Table Setting|
|– Cook Assistance||– POS/Cash Handling||– Bill Collection|
|– Complaint Processing||– Tasks Synchronization||– Table Clearing|
Olive Garden, Buford, GA | 6/2010 – Present
• Greet guests with a smile and escort them to the table of their choice.
• Present menu and answer queries regarding various menu items.
• Take and serve food and beverage orders.
• Ensure the correctness of order before serving.
• Monitor the guests’ responses closely for any requirement.
• Prepare and issue bills and take payments.
• Clear, clean and set tables and place empty plates and glasses in bus carts.
• Arrange plates, glasses, napkins, and silverware neatly at the table.
• Ensure the sanitation and cleanliness of all areas.
• Increased $6000 beverages sales per month by displaying them aesthetically.
• Achieved 80% favorable feedback ratings form regular customers through the demonstration of exceptional food service skills.
• Reviewed inventory maintenance mechanism, ensuring 24 hours availability of all food service ingredients.
Fine Diners, Buford, GA | 3/2004 – 5/2010
• Folded napkins and set tables when guests left.
• Ensured provision of timely service to all guests.
• Resolved table, food and beverage issues.
• Displayed ready to eat items creatively.
• Assisted in kitchen prep work and dishwashing.
Diploma in Food Service
Buford Community College, Buford, GA | 2004
An active member of the American Culinary Association
Superior references available
Server Resume Sample 2
8 Taber Road ♦ Blackfoot, ID 66587 ♦ Cellular: (000) 521-2510 ♦ Email
Bringing superb hospitality and customer service skills to serve patrons, maximize the number of returning clients and increase profits.
• Over 4 years’ practical experience working as a Server and Busser
• Quick at taking and delivering food, beverages and side orders to patrons
• Highly skilled in table service procedures and etiquette
• Effectively interacts with guests and provides them with an excellent dining experience
• Adept at anticipating guests’ needs and ensuring their fulfillment accordingly
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Carried out regular server duties along with juggling two events in the restaurant without any associated problems.
• Achieved Employee of the Month Award three times in three years following the provision of excellent guest services based on guests’ feedback.
• Greet and seat guests as they come in and offer them water.
• Ensure all tables and chairs are positioned and cleaned appropriately.
• Organize silverware, china, glassware, and condiments on the tables.
• Assist food servers with carrying trays and serving primarily in the event of a big order.
• Clean side stations and work areas and keep them organized.
• Help kitchen crew when necessary.
• Stocked all service areas and maintained sufficient supplies throughout the meal period.
• Sanitized public areas which increased efficiency by 40%.
• Cleaned and reset tables.
• Assisted with service of beverages.
• Transported food trays to the dining room.
Blackfoot City College – Blackfoot, ID | 2012
Associate of Arts in Hospitality
• Excellent guest service skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to stand for long hours
• Expert in transporting heavy trays