A resume for a server position is a snapshot of your skills, qualifications, achievements, and experiences in the hospitality and foodservice industry.
A well-written server resume has the power to convince the hiring committee that you possess sufficient skills to contribute and would be an excellent addition to their team.
Many candidates believe that the longer is their resume (with full of irrelevant and junk information), the better their chances of interview and employment are.
In fact, this is not true. Overstuffed resumes often become very tiresome to read – and most employers do not look at them very favorably.
Therefore, your resume needed to be written on one page, with just the appropriate and required information on it.
Take a look at the following examples to get a better idea of how to write a great resume for a server position.
Server Resume Sample 1
520 Harley Street, Buford, GA 48222
❖❖ SERVER ❖❖
Versatile and customer service-oriented hospitality professional with 10+ years of hands-on experience in the food and beverage service field. Consistently demonstrated an extreme level of genuine hospitality and delivered an exceptional dining experience to guests. Builds strong rapport with patrons to ensure recurring business. Understanding of various food and beverage ingredients.
Olive Garden, Buford, GA
6/2015 – Present
• Greet guests with a smile and escort them to the table of their choice.
• Present menu and answer queries regarding various menu items.
• Take and serve food and beverage orders.
• Ensure the correctness of order before serving.
• Monitor the guests’ responses closely for any requirement.
• Prepare and issue bills and take payments.
• Clear, clean, and set tables and place empty plates and glasses in bus carts.
• Arrange plates, glasses, napkins, and silverware neatly at the table.
• Ensure the sanitation and cleanliness of all areas.
• Increased beverage sales by $6000 per month by displaying them aesthetically.
• Achieved 80% favorable feedback ratings from regular customers through the demonstration of exceptional food service skills.
• Reviewed inventory maintenance mechanism, ensuring 24 hours availability of all foodservice ingredients.
Fine Diners, Buford, GA
3/2013 – 5/2015
• Folded napkins and set tables when guests left.
• Ensured provision of timely service to all guests.
• Resolved table, food, and beverage issues.
• Displayed ready-to-eat items creatively.
• Assisted in kitchen prep work and dishwashing.
Diploma in Food Service
Buford Community College, Buford, GA | 2004
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Order Taking
– Cook Assistance
– Complaint Processing
– Menu Presentation
– POS/Cash Handling
– Tasks Synchronization
– Table Setting
– Bill Collection
– Table Clearing
An active member of the American Culinary Association
Superior references available
Server Resume Sample 2
8 Taber Road, Blackfoot, ID 66587
Bringing superb hospitality and customer service skills to serve patrons, maximize the number of returning clients and increase profits.
• Over 4 years of practical experience working as a Server and Busser
• Quick at taking and delivering food, beverages, and side orders to patrons
• Highly skilled in table service procedures and etiquette
• Effectively interacts with guests and provides them with an excellent dining experience
• Adept at anticipating guests’ needs and ensuring their fulfillment accordingly
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Carried out regular server duties along with juggling two events in the restaurant without any associated problems.
• Achieved Employee of the Month Award three times in three years following the provision of excellent guest services based on guests’ feedback.
Bennington, Blackfoot, ID
May 2019 – Present
• Greet and seat guests as they come in and offer them water.
• Ensure all tables and chairs are positioned and cleaned appropriately.
• Organize silverware, china, glassware, and condiments on the tables.
• Assist food servers with carrying trays and serving primarily in the event of a big order.
• Clean side stations and work areas and keep them organized.
• Help kitchen crew when necessary.
Starwood Hotels – San Antonio, TX
Jun 2017 – May 2019
• Stocked all service areas and maintained sufficient supplies throughout the meal period.
• Sanitized public areas which increased efficiency by 40%.
• Cleaned and reset tables.
• Assisted with service of beverages.
• Transported food trays to the dining room.
Associate of Arts in Hospitality Management
Blackfoot City College – Blackfoot, ID | 2012
• Excellent guest service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to stand for long hours
• Expert in transporting heavy trays