Restaurant servers work in restaurants and hospitality settings. They are responsible for taking orders and delivering food and drinks to customers.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicted the demand for restaurant servers would increase by 10% from 2019 through 2029. This demand will result in the creation of many new jobs.
As a resume for a restaurant server position is your initial contact with a prospective employer, it needs to be attractive and free of errors.
The following resume example and this restaurant server cover letter will help entry-level job seekers and career changers to build/update their resume.
Entry Level Restaurant Server Resume No Experience
39 Maple Street
Metairie, LA 98222
john @ email . com
Seeking a Server position at ANZ Restaurant, utilizing exceptional hospitality skills and outstanding customer service acumen to ensure recurring business and maximize revenue.
KEY STRENGTHS AND SKILLS
- Working knowledge of the foodservice industry.
- Highly skilled in delivering outstanding service to guests by greeting and serving them.
- Demonstrated ability to learn the menu, answer questions, and remember details regarding orders.
- Knowledge of restaurants’ menus, food, and beverage items, and other products.
- Proven record of setting-up station and breakdown of side work.
- Well-versed in suggesting additional items to customers.
- Adept at answering telephones and processing financial transactions.
Pyramid Restaurant – Metairie, LA
Jan 2020 – Apr 2020
- Greeted patrons and answered questions regarding the menu
- Took orders from customers
- Helped kitchen staff in food and salad preparation
- Removed plates and cleaned tables
- Cleaned restaurant’s premises before starting and after closing
- Counted and received the bill of food and beverages and took payment from the patrons
- Provided change when required
Metairie High School, Metairie, LA
- Customer-focused and solution-oriented approach
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced work environment
- Profound ability to converse clearly and proficiently with customers and coworkers
- Good mathematics and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and weekends
Recommended: Restaurant Server Resume Sample