How to Write a Winning Resume for a Sales Associate Position?
In order to obtain an interview for a sales associate job, it is imperative to build a unique resume containing the attributes of your professional profile.
The following 4 tips will help you in this regard.
- Focus on your professional sales achievements.
- Include only relevant information. That is to say, keep it targeted and brief.
- Make it visually appealing to develop the interest of the employer.
- Select a functional or combination format for your resume.
Sales Associate Resume Sample 1
433 Wesley Ave, Taylor, TX 32008
Repeated records of success in exceeding sales targets.
Results-oriented Sales Associate with a 9-plus-year verifiable track record of excelling in customer service and selling techniques. Proficient in cashiering, bagging, customer service, and assisting with the transfer and display of merchandise. A team-oriented individual who communicates effectively with customers and provides them with accurate product information. Demonstrated ability to increase customer satisfaction and to develop strong business relationships with them.
|– Merchandise Display|
– Stock Labelling
– Cash Handling
– Order Tracking
– Shipping and Packaging
|– Greeting Customers|
– Cash Register
– Inventory Management
– Query Response
– Price Tagging
Citi Trends, Taylor, TX
8/2011 – Present
• Exceed sales target by 50% for a special edition product which became a part of regular merchandise later.
• Attain 100% customer satisfaction level in six weeks within initial hiring, enhancing departmental sales by 80%.
• Greet customers and assist them in finding the merchandise.
• Create appealing visual displays of products to be sold.
• Upsell products to meet sales targets utilizing a referral base and strong customer relationships.
• Arrange products or merchandise to their respective areas.
• Replenish stock and clean work area.
Forever 21, Taylor, TX
2009 – 2011
• Upsold a cosmetics line that increased profits by $5000 per month.
• Unloaded trucks of merchandise and labeled all products received in the warehouse.
• Replenished shelves with products and ordered more supplies as needed.
• Facilitated in order placement and billing mechanisms.
B.S Degree in Marketing
Some College, Taylor, TX – 2009
• Retail Software
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet, Email, Social Media
Sales Associate Resume Example 2
357 Taunton Street, #12
Tuscon, AZ 33348
Eager to maximize sales and increase profits.
Resourceful and meticulous Sales Associate with eight years of extensive experience in the sales and customer service arena. Known for greeting customers with a gracious smile and helping with their shopping needs. Proven ability to suggest, choose, and help locate products based on guest needs and desires.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Relationship Building
– Strategic Planning
– Sales Goals Attainment
– Customer Account Management
– Product Knowledge Development
– Departmental Maintenance
• Increased sales of electronic equipment by 33% in a single year, through state-of-the-art marketing tactics
• Successfully maintained current knowledge of the company’s products, marketing programs, promotions, and media plans
• Guided customers from the beginning to the end of their sales journey
• Achieved associate of the month award in May 2019
XYZ Market – Tuscon, AZ
May 2009 – Present
• Engage customers to provide them with what they need regarding product and quality services
• Promote brands when instructed
• Process transactions in a time-efficient manner
• Maintain work area regarding cleanliness and hygiene
• Communicate current product features and benefits to customers
• Provide administrative assistance to the marketing department
HERTZ – Chicago, IL
Mar 2008 – May 200
• Planned and organized business strategies to achieve desired results
• Contacted potential customers via telephone
• Monitored market conditions and local rival pricing
• Identified customer needs and wants, and reacted aptly
Bachelor of Business Administration
University of Arizona, Tuscon, AZ – 2006
Majors: Sales and Marketing
“I am a driven sales professional who is fully aware of current sales trends and developments in the local market.”
- Sales Associate Resume No Experience
- Sales Associate Cover Letter No Experience
- Interview for Sales Associate
- Sales Associate Cover Letter