As a customer enters a retail store, it is probable that the first person they meet is a sales associate. Sales associates greet customers and determine their individual purchasing needs. Once they know what a customer is looking for, they are expected to assist customers by directing them to the right aisles or departments, explaining product features, and eventually ringing up the purchase for them.
Sales associates inform customers of the different promotions that a store is offering and also solicit them to sign up for individual programs like a rewards card. They give presentations to customers when needed and are expected to answer their questions. In the event of a return, sales associates are expected to determine the cause by engaging in dialogue with the customers and resolving their issues.
Since sales associates are expected to meet personal and the company’s goals concurrently, they should perform a lot of marketing tasks such as in-store promotions, and assist the marketing department with designing and distributing marketing material. Most sales associates perform some additional tasks such as opening and closing the store and answering telephones. Also, they also manage the inventory of supplies and maintain liaison with vendors.
In order to obtain an interview for a sales associate job, it is imperative to build a unique resume containing the attributes of your professional profile.
The following 4 tips will help you in this regard:
- Focus on your professional sales achievements.
- Include only relevant information. That is to say, keep it targeted and brief.
- Make it visually appealing to develop the interest of the employer.
- Select a functional or combination format for your resume.
Sales Associate Resume Sample 1
Repeated records of success in exceeding sales targets.
Results-oriented Sales Associate with a 9-plus-year verifiable track record of excelling in customer service and selling techniques. Proficient in cashiering, bagging, customer service, and assisting with the transfer and display of merchandise. A team-oriented individual who communicates effectively with customers and provides them with accurate product information. Demonstrated ability to increase customer satisfaction and develop strong business relationships with them.
– Merchandise Display – Stock Labelling
– Cash Handling – Order Tracking
– Shipping and Packaging – Bagging/Transportation
– Greeting Customers – Cash Register
– Inventory Management – Query Response
– Price Tagging – English/Spanish
Citi Trends, Taylor, TX
8/2018 – Present
• Exceed sales target by 50% for a special edition product which became a part of regular merchandise later.
• Attain a 100% customer satisfaction level within 6 weeks of initial hiring, enhancing departmental sales by 80%.
• Greet customers and assist them in finding the merchandise.
• Create appealing visual displays of products to be sold.
• Upsell products to meet sales targets utilizing a referral base and strong customer relationships.
• Arrange products or merchandise to their respective areas.
• Replenish stock and clean the work area.
Forever 21, Taylor, TX
2009 – 2018
• Upsold a cosmetics line that increased profits by $5000 per month.
• Unloaded trucks of merchandise and labeled all products received in the warehouse.
• Replenished shelves with products and ordered more supplies as needed.
• Facilitated order placement and billing mechanisms.
AA Degree in Sales and Marketing
Some College, Taylor, TX – 2009
• Retail Software
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet, Email, and Social Media
Sales Associate Resume Example 2
Eager to maximize sales and increase profits.
Resourceful Sales Associate with 8+ years of extensive experience in the sales and customer service arena. Known for greeting customers with a gracious smile and helping with their shopping needs. Proven ability to suggest, choose, and help locate products based on guest needs and desires.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Relationship Building
– Strategic Planning
– Sales Goals Attainment
– Customer Account Management
– Product Knowledge Development
– Departmental Maintenance
• Increased sales of electronic equipment by 33% in a single year, through state-of-the-art marketing tactics.
• Successfully maintained current knowledge of the company’s products, marketing programs, promotions, and media plans.
• Guided customers from the beginning to the end of their sales journey.
• Achieved associate of the month award in May 2022.
XYZ Market, Tuscon, AZ
May 2016 – Present
• Engage customers to provide them with what they need regarding product and quality services
• Promote brands when instructed
• Process transactions in a time-efficient manner
• Maintain work area regarding cleanliness and hygiene
• Communicate current product features and benefits to customers
• Provide administrative assistance to the marketing department
Hertz, Chicago, IL
Mar 2015 – May 2016
• Planned and organized business strategies to achieve desired results
• Contacted potential customers via telephone
• Monitored market conditions and local rival pricing
• Identified customer needs and wants, and reacted aptly
Bachelor of Business Administration
University of Arizona, Tuscon, AZ – 2006
Majors: Sales and Marketing
“I am a driven sales professional who is fully aware of current sales trends and developments in the local market.”
Sales Associate Job Description for Resume
- Greet customers with a smile as they enter into premises
- Proactively ask the customers how they can be assisted
- Provide customers with product information that they need
- Accompany and assist customers to the correct aisles
- Explain product features and warranty agreements
- Demonstrate the working of a product when required
- Provide information on daily deals and promotions
- Ensure that all products are well stocked and easy to reach
- Assist customers by taking down products that may not be easy to reach
- Provide information regarding each product and any discount offers associated with it
- Make sure that the work area and aisles are clean and shelves are dusted properly
- Respond to customers’ requests and concerns in a resourceful manner
- Handle cashier duties by taking cash or credit cards in exchange for goods sold
- Manage product returns and exchanges
- Ensure that all purchased items are delivered to the customers in a prompt manner
- Reserve products for online orders
- Discourage shoplifting activities by constantly keeping a vigilant eye
- Arrange products on shelves in a tidy manner
- Pick and pack orders for shipping purposes
- Order out-of-stock items promptly
Sales Associate Skills for Resume
- Highly experienced in determining customers’ specific requirements and creating correlating solutions to meet them.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through the delivery of high-quality customer services.
- Documented success in efficiently handling shipping processing procedures and replenishment of sales floors.
- Proven track record of providing total sales solutions to customers based on delivering an outstanding store experience.
- Able to actively ensure that customers are provided with what they are looking for.
- Proficient in assisting with floor moves, merchandising, and display maintenance in a bid to keep things functional within the store.
- Highly skilled in operating standard POS machines to ring up sales, along with a great ability to balance cash registers effectively.
- Adept at advising customers on the use and care of purchased products by providing demonstrations.
- Unmatched ability to assist customers in making selections by providing them with available options.
- Able to handle store display management duties, including visual merchandising tasks.
- Effectively able to upsell products to meet both personal and the store’s sales goals.
Sales Associate Soft Skills for Resume
- Customer service
- Computer savvy
- Driven for results
- Action orientated
- Good organization
- Priority setting