In order to obtain an interview for a sales associate job, it is imperative to build a unique resume. The following guidelines will help you in this regard.
• Effective sales associate resumes focus on professional achievements of the applicant.
• Hiring managers do not like resumes which contain irrelevant information. If you want the employer to read your resume in detail, you should keep it targeted and brief.
• A visually appealing resume will develop the interest of the employer.
• Select a functional or combination format for your resume.
See also: Sales Associate Cover Letter
Sales Associate Resume Sample 1
433 Wesley Ave • Taylor, TX 32008 • (009) 333-2222 • alfred @ email . com
Repeated records of success in exceeding sales targets.
Results-oriented Sales Associate with a 7-plus-year verifiable track record of excelling in customer service and selling techniques. Proficient in cashiering duties, bagging items and assisting with the transfer and display of merchandise. A team-oriented and collaborative individual who communicates effectively with customers and provides them with accurate product information. Demonstrated ability to increase customer satisfaction and to develop strong business relationships them.
|– Merchandise Display||– Greeting Customers||– Shipping and Packaging|
|– Stock Labelling||– Cash Register Operation||– Bagging/Transportation|
|– Cash Handling||– Price Tagging||– Query Response|
|– Order Tracking||– English/Spanish||– Inventory Management|
Citi Trends, Taylor, TX
Sales Associate | 8/2011 to Present
• Exceed sales target by 50% for a special edition product which became a part of regular merchandise later.
• Attain 100% customer satisfaction level in six weeks within initial hiring, enhancing departmental sales by 80%.
• Greet customers and assist them in finding the merchandise.
• Create appealing visual displays of products to be sold.
• Upsell products to meet sales targets utilizing referral base and strong customer relationships.
• Arrange products or merchandise to their respective areas.
• Replenish stock and clean work area.
Forever 21, Taylor, TX
Sales Assistant | 4/2009 to 7/2011
• Upsold a cosmetics line which was going in loss reviving business worth $50K.
• Unloaded trucks of merchandise and labeled all products received in the warehouse.
• Replenished shelves with products and ordered more supplies as needed.
• Facilitated in order placement and billing mechanism.
Some College, Taylor, TX – 2009
B.S Degree in Marketing
• Retail Software
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet, Email, Social Media
Sales Associate Resume Sample 2
|357 Taunton Street, #12|
Tuscon, AZ 33348
|Residence: (999) 333-1414|
Email: victor.hugo @ email . com
Diverse background in sales and customer care arena. Eager to maximize sales and increase profits.
Resourceful and meticulous Sales Associate with eight years of extensive experience in the retail sales arena. Highly skilled in greeting customers with a gracious smile and helping with their shopping needs. Proven ability to suggest, choose, and help locate products based on guest needs and desires. Successfully maintains current knowledge of company’s products, marketing programs, promotions, and media plans. Known for guiding customers from the beginning to end of their sales journey. A driven sales professional who is fully aware of current sales trends and developments in the local market.
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|– Relationship Building||– Customer Account Management|
|– Strategic Planning||– Product Knowledge Development|
|– Sales Goals Attainment||– Departmental Maintenance|
• Increased sales of electronic equipment by 33% in a single year through state-of-the-art marketing tactics
• Achieved associate of the month award – May 2011
• Engage customers to provide to them what they need regarding product and quality services.
• Promote brands when instructed.
• Process transactions in a time-efficient manner.
• Maintain work area regarding cleanliness and hygiene.
• Communicate current product features and benefits to customers.
• Provide administrative assistance to the marketing department.
• Planned and organized business strategies to achieve desired results.
• Contacted potential customers via telephone.
• Monitored market conditions and local rival pricing.
• Identified customer needs and wants, and reacted aptly.
University of Arizona, Tuscon, AZ – 2006
Bachelor of Business Administration
Majors: Sales and Marketing
Last updated on